NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

270 is actually wider by several feet at 366.5’ vs some 310-315’ of the Metlife Building.

11 Likes

East to West?

2 Likes

Yes, east to west.

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CssQGg3ASG9/

22 Likes

Taken on 6/1/23

22 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs_nC--OKSt/

20 Likes

Both the western most and eastern cranes have jumped and are now working to raise the safety cocoon, which has now risen past the setback revealing the true shape. The 3rd crane has not jumped, neither has it been operational, and I’m wondering if they now intend to dismantle it and were only using it for the mech/outrigger floors to help out. Steel for the regular office floors will probably be installed next week.

Cladding installation has kind of stopped as it was all catching up to the 8th row/floor, the louvered panels haven’t been installed yet.

19 Likes

It’s now gone:

הורדה - 2023-06-09T191226.142

Via:

12 Likes

I trust my observations

It may also be that the smaller east side construction elevator doesn’t rise anymore or they are just waiting for the building to get taller to add more height to it, though it may not make sense to add more to the smaller elevator since the building will continue to stepback.

5 Likes

Can’t believe this tower is taller than 30 Rockefeller Center already :smiley:

3 Likes

17 Likes

Interesting, the louvered panels have begun being installed but they aren’t louvered.

Edit: I forgot that they are not louvered on every side for “all” of the mech floors, which I find interesting to do it for some but not others. They are only open on every N/S face, but it varies on the E/W faces. This lowest/first group of mech floors will not have louvered panels on the E/W sides.

2 Likes

It’s amazing how quickly this tier is rising.

Ayree

18 Likes

I wouldn’t say that is really true, these 2 floors account for a 1/4 of the entire height of the 3rd tier, it’s not that it’s rising quickly, its that these mech floors are just tall. The 4th tier still wont be reached until some time in August, maybe late July at the “earliest”.

4 Likes

None of the last few images load for me :weary:

2 Likes

What’s the height of the top of the third tier (ie., how tall will this be in August)?

2 Likes

About ~1075’.

It’s difficult to say an exact figure for a general height in at the beginning of August, but it should be between atleast 1035’ - 1110’.

8 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

Per: NYguy SSP SkyscraperPage Forum - View Single Post - NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,388 FT | 58 FLOORS

This is the Age…

18 Likes
3 Likes