NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

As I mentioned previously, the steel for the 2nd mech/outrigger level was installed today.

16 Likes

6 Likes

B of A building looks on in alarm -

2 Likes

21 Likes

Seeing this colossus rise never gets old. From Greenpoint.

23 Likes

Great pic, Antonio.

And I like your description: “Colossus”

We have really become spoiled. Circa as late as 2010, who would have thought an office tower as tall as the Twin Towers would be rising in Midtown?

And this is the first of many. The American economy is an absolute colossus.

9 Likes

27 Likes

The supertalls that have been built over the past few years have really changed the skyline. Hopefully, 175 and 350 Park will also be built.

6 Likes

I assume at the very least those 2 will be.

Midtown (and even DT to some extent) are going to be completely different in ten years.
It’s going to be a lot taller and a denser.

8 Likes

I hope so.

2 Likes

Love these shots! Looking like they were taken in the 70’s

3 Likes

Can we please stay on topic!!

5 Likes

First shot was taken in the pouring rain - I managed to get onto the ferry from LIC just as the storm came through. EDIT, actually it was pouring buckets the entire time. Hard to tell but you can see it coming down in sheets from right to left on this shot.

18 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtEWdVyu7cI/

19 Likes

I love her work. She has fantastic paintings of Billionaires Row and Hudson Yards under construction

6 Likes

Yes, she’s wonderful. Not many artists chase buildings under construction like she does.

5 Likes

@nycconstructors

20 Likes

Even with only the addition of the 2nd mech floor, the 3rd tier is much more defined already.

Since the regular floors are installed in pairs of 2, there are only 4 more “pairs” until the building reaches supertall status which at that point the column splice of that column would reach ~1008’ or so. The building right now is 886’ tall.

23 Likes

Excellent update thanks.

3 Likes

I didn’t realize this is almost as fat as Pan Am.

3 Likes