NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

Same for mine. If placed in my city this would be a dominant even at 200 ft

1 Like

So that means this building will rise even faster then :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ehh, that’s a yes and no situation. I wouldn’t say it’s going to be faster due to the cranes jumping more frequently, I’d say that particular aspect in the pace of construction would remain the same. The main aspect that is controlling the speed is the the floor plate sizes. But even though the floor plates have gotten smaller now, hurricane season and winter are approaching and that may inevitably slow things down.

5 Likes

I can’t wait to see the first façade panels

4 Likes

Me as well. When do we think? The lowest floors in 2, 3, 4 weeks?

1 Like

I think that’s a possible time frame, the fireproofing and concrete pouring for the floors have both risen a floor in the past few days. We know that facade clips have already been installed on the table top floor, once we see clips installed on the 2nd floor, then it’s a free for all at that point.

5 Likes

First skyscrapers were ten floors.

2 Likes

Yes they were. They aren’t anymore

Well, there are basically two trains of thought. One where New York has the first skyscrapers and one where Chicago does. My train is the first. New York was the first city to have buildings with passenger elevators. I think those should classify as skyscrapers.

2 Likes

That still doesn’t really change stache’s point that the earliest skyscrapers were still more or less about 10 stories tall.

Though in general, I don’t know how any of this pertains to my original comment as I was speaking in the present tense about the height classifications of skyscrapers as it exists today and how this building would already be considered a skyscraper according to those figures.

Just providing additional context.

1 Like

Neither, the first skyscraper was the Pharos of Alexandria, 338 to 387 feet tall built between 284 and 246 BCE. Or you could consider the Great Pyramids but they didn’t have windows. :rofl:

1 Like

I believe none of those things had greater than 50% living space. Especially the pyramids, they are basically 100% solid material.

1 Like

There are hidden room, burial chambers, etc in the pyramids. But they’re mostly solid

I can’t wait to see 270 Park in this view of the Greatest City in the World!

10 Likes

Cranes are visible from LIC waterfront (if you zoom). Cell pics from today:

Also highly visible from the midtown EarthCam:

18 Likes

Great pics, baronson

1 Like

Can’t wait to see this in the skyline!

3 Likes

i just can’t wait for cladding to begin, glass, this thing to top out… and then we wait another 18 months for the lighting to come online lol

5 Likes

Is this not off-topic?

1 Like