NEW YORK | 262 Fifth Ave | 860 FT | 60 FLOORS

You know more about this than I do.

I’m still worried that a 1,000’ cliff of aluminum on the 5th side is going to look insane.

I’m just glad it’s about to rise. When was the last year NYC didn’t have a supertall rising? Maybe before they started on 1 WTC?

2 Likes

if they have indeed removed the crown this may no longer be a supertall.

2 Likes

Well all references to removing a crown also include adding another floor, so it’s probably the same height just with a floor taking up the space instead of a crown.

Of course depending on how tall the crown is and how tall that floor is.

2 Likes

Unless the floor(s?) they added pushed it to the bare minimum of being a supertall at 984’.

@mcart The crown was 72’ tall, I don’t think the whole floor would be that tall, much less be a tall parapet. Without the crown, the roof was only at 927’.

2 Likes

Interesting. I wonder when they’ll release more info on their current plans and the official heights.

It could be well into construction, some updated zoning and construction documents aren’t uploaded on the DOB database until the building is finished sometimes lol.

2 Likes

In that case, my prediction of the height for this building is between 930-1000ft lol

Well let’s hope it hasn’t been cut. I hate height cuts.

1 Like

Well in any event that the information NYGuy shared from the DOB is interpreted as the crown being removed, not accounting for the other stuff that replaced(?) it, there would have to be a 57’ account of height difference to this being a supertall. In all cases, it seems like the height would’ve been diminished some from the current 1000’ figure that we do know of.

Taken today. There is some activity on the site. :angry:

11 Likes

One more sublevel until it reaches street level but the outline of the building is clearly visible.

The diagram on the fence is the slightest different than the only zoning document diagram that exists, so I wonder which one is more accurate. That is of course until a new one comes out to reflect the changes in the crown.

1 Like

Completion Summer 2023? Can this really rise that fast?

That’s most definitely an old figure from when the sign was first put up (DOB doesn’t normally change the signs frequently to update them). I’d expect it to maybe top out sometime next year but not be fully completed in ~7-8 months. The footprint is fairly small and there aren’t that many floors so it will go up fairly fast if problems don’t arise.

3 Likes

From Brooklyn Bridge

From WTC

12 Likes

It kinda looks like a smaller, thinner Central Park Tower

1 Like

Hmm, but for the random openings in the middle and the crown (as we know the design that’s been shown) I guess it kind of does, in the overall outline atleast. But Central Park Tower makes much better use of its material and form.

This one is miniscule compared to CPT though.

2 Likes

No news to share, only my sentiment: I hope they will put a normal apartment on top instead of the opening shown on the renders.

Thank you for the renders. I like that it won’t cover the Empire State Building from the WTC.

But what then are the angles where this would cover it? Could you post different angles when this does partly cover the Empire State Building?

I had described that in this image and the gif i made. The gif shows the highlighted portion of the image.

But like I said in the original post, everything outside the white boundary it doesnt block the empire state building, so there wasnt a need to take multiple render shots because i thought the map described it easier.

3 Likes