NEW YORK | 25 Water Street (Redevelopment) | 32 FLOORS

Could not find a topic about this redevelopment, but seems to be already under construction.

Rendering of completely repurposed 25 Water Street, New York City, from office to residential, courtesy of CetraRuddy.

Or

4 Likes

full demolition would be better…

3 Likes

Per: mrnyc SSP SkyscraperPage Forum - View Single Post - NEW YORK | MID/LOW RISES | General Developments Updates/Compilation

3 Likes
4 Likes

11 Likes

https://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2024/01/23/nyc-first-usa-office-apartment-conversions-housing.html

Nice to see another tower crane in Lower Manhattan!

1 Like

Photo by Michael Young

6 Likes

It can briefly be seen from Jersey City

2 Likes

I’m so confused how this conversion is going to work. It is a CHUNKY building so what on earth can be done with the center space? The floors are way too wide for typical apartments and it doesn’t seem like they are cutting a core out like they did in some other conversions.

They are cutting out a core.

I haven’t seen renderings, but I guess residents in the interior section will be able to enjoy one of two holes.

These days, 25 Water Street is getting flayed and disemboweled. Workers are stripping off brick, punching windows, and coring out two giant vertical doughnut holes to make a pair of central courts that will funnel light and air down into the building’s dark heart. It’s a costly and complicated business, slicing through steel columns and jackhammering concrete slabs, then shoring up the mutilated shell again with more of both.

New windows going in

9 Likes