NEW YORK | 2 Penn Plaza (Renovation) | 412 FT | 29 FLOORS

Nevermind.

I agree.

1 Like

This renovation is a massive improvement over the original design which was ugly and outdated. I also appreciate the inclusion of what appears to be lighting on the mechanical floor and the top of the building.

I personally think it looks way better than the original.

6 Likes

Some pics from today. Cladding expanding to all4 sides now, and podium beginning to be clad on north side of street. Podium first floor almost extends across the east side of the building.

The podium glass especially looks to be of decent quality. I maintain that this will be handsome when complete. The only question is will they do a better job of cleaning and policing the plaza area, which will now be partially covered by the overhanging podium floors…

14 Likes

10 Likes

Ground floor of eastern deck complete, north and east cladding almost done. Not pictured, but west and south cladding are about 1/3 complete. The corners where the open balconies will be placed on the west side are beginning to be stripped down to the steelwork.

12 Likes

Just tear it down and start fresh like JP Morgan did. This project is incredibly frustrating.

11 Likes

Nice update. Looks like things are accelerating here

3 Likes

This is already a massive improvement. Lots of progress since I checked out the site in January.

5 Likes
4 Likes

16 Likes
9 Likes

^^^^

See this is a good post. Relevant to the thread, on topic… and useful. This is the kind of stuff that’s needed. Good work! :beers:

12 Likes

Via Action Kid (I happen to be watching his stream). Today.

15 Likes

Wasn’t he moving to Miami?

He’s visiting. But hey… I’m glad! I miss him in NYC! Love Miami, don’t get me wrong but its like driving a Audi A4 vs an Audi RS7. More excitement!

5 Likes

I’m an AK fan too. I love Miami, but it doesn’t remotely compare to NY.

2 Likes
8 Likes

I didn’t realize that they added onto this.