NEW YORK | 2 Penn Plaza (Renovation) | 412 FT | 29 FLOORS

I’m more hopeful about the sidewalk level improvements with the new base design. That block has been cancerous for some time now

3 Likes

So basically they are turning a black and tan into a gin martini with onions.
1SqV

3 Likes

I think that this is going to look much nicer than I had anticipated. This area needs a major revamp, and this could get the momentum going.

Hoochul really should exercise eminent domain with respect to this malignant cancer on the east side of the block.

3 Likes

The glass might turn out nice. It’s just extremely dirty already.

16 Likes

15 Likes

They’re just installing this right on top of the old facade, aren’t they?

4 Likes

It looks like they’re putting it on top, then removing the old panels from behind it. The tan concrete stripes may be staying put behind it but the grey ones are out:

13 Likes
4 Likes

December 4

13 Likes

late 60s bland to 2021 bland!

9 Likes

I know there’s going to be environmental review for the block south starting around spring and will probably take two years, but I honestly think they are looking for other alternatives, due to the fight against the demolishing. I believe they are looking for the relocating of MSG. I’m not surprised if the governor and Dolan are speaking about it. NY wants to get Penn Station done as soon as possible and at the end of the day, I don’t think they want to wait for the expansion South. The buildings on the North next to Penn 1 will go up very easily tho.

4 Likes

Glass recently

12 Likes

Penn South is literally where the new rail tunnel is headed. They’re expanding south. Why would they expand north, when the tracks are being added south? Also, expanding north would be like 100x more complicated, given there are huge, high-value buildings north of the existing complex, and it’s mostly junk to the south.

Also, the state already owns much of the land for Penn South. This has been under consideration for decades.

This is a massive improvement.

No, I meant construction of the new towers for the North. South is combo of rail expansion and towers which is more complicated due to many reasons. This is also my last post for a while. keep up the good work my forum friends.

4 Likes

You’re the man, MV. I hope that you’re just taking a break in Venezuela with a beautiful young version of Sophia Vergara and that you’ll be back soon.

That is looking damn nice!

3 Likes

Crane installed
Also,(off topic) I hope my explanations and the leaks for 270 park ave. helped you guys vision what the building will look like. This will probably be my last post for a very long time. Keep up the excellent work my forum friends, goodbye🤝

P.S. watch out for 2 wtc👀

16 Likes

You and JRF are the best!

I really hope that 2 WTC is not that hideous model though.

2 Likes

The recladding is such a major improvement. Crane’s been up since my visit last week.

12 Likes