NEW YORK | 2 Penn Plaza (Renovation) | 412 FT | 29 FLOORS

I have always been a One Penn fan, but I’m not sure about ditching the stripes. Maybe replacing the window glass might have been better, giving it a more uniform look.

4 Likes

Great now it straight up looks like a tomb stone. Which I guess makes sense since it overlooks where the old Penn Station was demolished.

4 Likes
7 Likes

https://radiiinc.com/dbox-vornado-penn2-building

3 Likes

Pics from the link

13 Likes

Lame. This PoS should come down.

11 Likes

Nice model though.

3 Likes

In my dreams this is the perfect site for a megatall. Tear down 2 Penn and MSG and build a megatall on the site of 2 Penn and a spectacular new train hall on the site of MSG. They can be attached like 15 HY and the Shed or 30 HY and the mall are. Revenue from office space in the megatall and other towers in the surrounding rezoned blocks would be put toward overhauling Penn itself (shiny new towers and a new train hall are just cosmetic improvements if nothing is done about overcrowding and poor design).

A man can dream, right…

5 Likes

Anyone notice that they’re turning One Penn solid black, getting rid of its silver pinstripes, and fixing to turn 2 Penn pure white?

1 Like

9 Likes

I guess they’re really going ahead with this. Unless that’s just another “mock-up” they’ll leave standing for 2-3 years.

i’m surprised how little work has been done so far. Maybe they were waiting for the station improvements to get done but even then they’re slow to start. They already have the funding through the tremendous success of 220 Central Park South.

2 Likes

It’s incredible the same developer owns these POSs and 220 CPS.
But work is finally moving, if still ridiculously slow:

New base, and spandrels beginning to be stripped down

10 Likes

It would be much better to demolish and build taller than just change out the glass panels.

2 Likes

Penn plaza can’t compare with HY and Manhattan West next door, that block is hell on earth so how would they get an anchor tenant? Facebook turned down Hotel Penn in exchange for 55HY and Farley further west. It would be nice to have taller but it just isn’t the market right now, especially with all this talk of hybrid work

Not sure if I like this shade of lipstick on this pig. From 10.6.21

17 Likes

Wow! That looks amazing.

5 Likes

The glass quality looks poor but it is far better than the current facade IMO. Interesting how they are doing it piece by piece— my guess is they have not fully gutted the insides and are afraid of the weather

glass quality looks great to my eyes… looks crisp and sharp (not too much warping), but will wait for more to go up.

It’s so exciting the city is getting a glass box! How unique, how creative. Can’t wait to see how it comes out! The city needs more of them. :face_vomiting:

4 Likes