NEW YORK | 175 Park Avenue (Grand Hyatt) | 1,575 FT | 85 FLOORS

I’d be legitimately bummed if this isn’t at least taller than Central Park Tower after they said it would be >500m.

8 Likes

OMG. These renderings look 100% like actual photos.

3 Likes

I love it. Please build it now.

3 Likes

I have been waiting for these full renderings! Oh man can’t wait for this to be built

Kinda bummed about the height cut though. But 1480+ is still amazing

4 Likes

Full set:

24 Likes

This is utterly spectacular, but I will be really disappointed if this isn’t at least 500 meters to tip. Normally I put design over height, but at a location this prominent, an iconic tower like this needs to have both.

Edit: the more I think about the height reduction, the more it bothers me. If it doesn’t get bumped back up, by 2030 the Midtown skyline will be a sea of 1400-1500 foot buildings, a flat plateau with no uplifting peaks. :frowning: All of these supertalls might actually make the NYC skyline look worse. Because it will definitely look bad without something sticking a couple hundred feet above the new 400 meter plateau.

18 Likes

The height cut is lame AF! boo!

8 Likes

The height cut does suck but I actually think it contextually looks better with 1VB. This makes me wish 1VB was built to the original 1501’ height more so they can harmonize better.

Also, from Queens this tower will still dominate. I think the design will serve as a better “backdrop” to the Chrysler Building from that borough than 1VB.

Anyway, CYA MetLife Building. Your presence will continue to diminish on the skyline.

5 Likes

Does anyone know where these renderings came from? Did the developer release them? Were they submitted for a presentation to the city?

1 Like

3 Likes

So what will become the new pinnacle for the New York skyline? It needs a solid building with a taller height of at least 1600 feet. If it can’t be this building, then what?

1 Like

It’s a good problem to have.

2 Likes

We don’t have a final height, and they’re obviously still tweaking the ceiling heights, before they arrive at a final height. Looks like 1,646 is the max. The renderings are definitely at least 1,500 though, so not sure where the 1,486 number is from.

2 Likes

1500 isn’t enough. Do you realize New York City by 2030 will have something like 10 or so buildings with a roof height between 1300-1500? Most will have approximately 1400 feet, which is 54 feet shorter than the Empire State Building’s pinnacle. Even though that is an improvement from today, it means everything is the same height. It doesn’t look good is there is a “flat line” across the skyline. Something should stand out, even if it it with a spire. If Central Park tower had its spire making it 1775 feet, that would be enough. But so far nothing is tall enough.

9 Likes

It’s a stunning design, but the height reduction is really unfortunate. Let’s hope the developers show a bit more ambition. This building needs to have the tallest roof in the city. It’s entirely their decision, because the city will approve the 1,646 feet height.

3 Likes

Indeed. Midtown is in the process of creating the highest skyscraper plateau in the world. Visually, plateaus are still bad no matter how tall.

3 Likes

It’s funny how in none of the angles of the rendering is Central Park tower visible…

1 Like

Can someone edit the top to have a larger crown/spire? The lattice looks like it could be changed to have a Chrysler building type crown

3 Likes

At the original height the flat top I think would have been an elegant statement since the lattice would truly stand out on the skyline. At the reduced height, as the other super talls fill in the gaps in Midtown it just might accentuate the “plateau” @DeSelby mentioned.

1 Like

Don’t worry guys !! If this skyscraper won’t uplift the skyline, it will be another one !!!
Did you see the fantastic document detailling the Midtown East redevelopment plan ?

There is many other sites for a potential " Summit of Nyc " ( And I don’t speak about OV Observation Deck :wink: ). Regarding to their FAR, they offer wonderful bases to make new supertalls grow !!

( Nyguy on Skyscraperpage )

6 Likes