NEW YORK | 14 Fifth Ave | 241 FT | 19 FLOORS

I do understand why one would not be a fan of RAMSA; despite the fact that every building they design is a crowd pleasing success. Historical recreations in Architecture are not only an anachronism, they are somewhat unimaginative for their lack of originality: but darn, they are always so pretty.

I like this new building design because it is ‘pretty’ and it represents a victory over one of the worst NIMBY’s on earth - Andrew Berman. :wink:

3 Likes

I like the latest design the best. Stern always designs masterpieces.

Stern is having a nice run. 555 W 22nd, 1228 Madison, 200 E 83rd, 150 E 78, 100 Claremont, 14 5th Ave., probably 1165 Madison.

What’s left? The coup de grace would be the Helmsley Park Lane.

1 Like

I think that all remaining 57th St condo sites should be designed by Stern.

Sure RAMSA builds throwback buildings. But that doesn’t mean they are not modern in many ways. The stuff is almost always asymmetrical. The windows are much larger than in older buildings. Respect for the surrounding structures is amazingly good, not only in massing, but also in materials. Interiors always overflow with new touches, materials, and equipment. Contextual architecture like RAMSA’s can be boring and repetitive, qualities his buildings never display. There is context and there is high quality context as in this firm’s designs. This sort of architecture should always be welcomed in periods like this when glass facades have become cliches.

2 Likes

More angles:

6 Likes

I love it!

4 Likes

I can’t wait for this PoS to come down.

1 Like

I wonder when this is coming down.

https://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/JobsQueryByLocationServlet?requestid=1&allbin=1009430

Can’t imagine this project would just stall out after they fought for years to get it approved.

1 Like

I agree. This is going to be very successful.

1 Like

“Mr. Gorbachev: Tear down this [garbage]!”

2 Likes

Nice to see another Stern go up now that their uptown projects are finishing up.

2 Likes

I walked by here recently, and demo is proceeding quickly. This PoS should come down in its entirety soon.

This is going to be gorgeous.

3 Likes

Good riddance!

4 Likes

This tower is going to be a beautiful addition to this GORGEOUS area.

Another great article by YIMBY!

7 Likes

Perfect architect & design for that stretch of 5th.

2 Likes

This is going to be WILDLY successful.

2 Likes

4 Likes