NEW YORK | 111 West 57th St | 1,428 FT | 91 FLOORS

I changed the building to complete as I wouldn’t use those factors to dictate whether a building is finished or not or a larger number of projects that have been completed for years would not be considered complete.

The building launched sales in April of last year and did open in December.

3 Likes

I see why it’s that way. I remember back in October 2018 they completed Comcast’s space, with many articles stating it was complete. Though the Four Seasons did not finish until August 2019. And even then, the 45th floor with the two terraces weren’t finished, along with blue film ALL OVER the tower. I didn’t consider the building done until 2021 lol, but they JUST finished the south terrace last summer

1 Like

Complete perhaps…but definitely not finished.

18 Likes

Does anyone know the status of the lighting system for this building and Central Park Tower? After so many years of being topped out and finished, there doesn’t seem to be significant progress.

5 Likes

Yes, not quite “complete… :rofl:e”…

hangover-300

3 Likes

Taken on 2/17/23

15 Likes

This and Verre are two of the best towers ever built in NY IMO.

7 Likes

No. They would only be best if they had an observation deck open to the public… :slight_smile:

I hear you, but 111 barely has room for 2 passenger elevators, one of which is double-decked! An observation deck in this building would mean tenants would wait 20 minutes for an elevator lol.

Truly though JDS, SHoP and the engineers pulled off a real feat here.

My only disappointment is how long its taking the 57th street retail together.

I prefered the pseudo-gothic billboard featuring the summit it had during construction to the incomplete mess there today.

1 Like

And the lighting which renders promised would be quite stunning is still not online. I really am anxious to see that.

4 Likes

Most definitely what I think as well.But,mine affectionated stance towards them aren’t just only limited to NYC,but the entire NA or Americas for that matter,especially modern/top modern architecture .That’s for sure and beautifully obvious as well :ok_hand::metal::sweat_smile:

11K Likes, 142 Comments - Daily Overview (@dailyoverview) on Instagram: "111 West 57th Street is a residential skyscraper in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, constructed..."

@dailyoverview
(Click/tap to go to the page)
Awesome timelapse using real imagery and 3d models!

8 Likes

A word of inspiration to all the young, aspiring architects out there….

“Stand in the place that you live, think about direction, wonder why you haven’t before…”

REM

7 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqOWcvwrFSo/

19 Likes

From Harlem, 126th

12 Likes

Anyone have news about lighting on this one?

Here is 111W57 looking quite modest and diminutive when view from WAY downtown - Ave D and Houston street.

11 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cql0SH8vALj/

11 Likes

Taken last Saturday

7 Likes

15 Likes