NEW ROCHELLE | 11 Lawton Street | 605 FT + ? | 48 FLOORS + 23 FLOORS

This project includes two towers, one is a 48-story tower with the sole-purpose of accommodating residential units. In this tower, the units, which there are around 600 of them, will be split between rentals and condominiums, which is a welcoming addition to the project. It will include an illuminated crown up top.

Left: Viewed from Library Green, Right: Viewed from Main Street

The secondary 23-story tower is going to be used as a hotel, and it will renovate and re-purpose the old National City Bank of New Rochelle building located on the corner of Main and Lawton Streets. During the meeting, it was mentioned that there would be around 190 rooms.

Viewed from Main Street

Viewed from Main Street

There are about 620 parking spaces included with this project with a very small retail component and a restaurant at the base of the hotel. Both towers seem to have a nice lighting setup proposed, although this can change between now and September, which is when the next PB meeting is. For higher quality renderings, we’ll have to wait and see, but until then, the screenshots provide you with a decent visual.

Viewed from North Avenue

This has been the only project proposed for the DO-1 zoning so far. Unsure if we’ll see anything else, but I’m completely fine with this being the cherry on top of the new downtown. The impact this development will have on our skyline is going to be unbelievable.

9 Likes

The big tower’s base could use tinkering but I can dig it. Even the hotel looks pretty cool. Thanks for the scoop!

3 Likes

Amazing! Is this RXR?

2 Likes

I’m not sure actually. I didn’t hear anyone mention the developer’s name during the presentation. I don’t think it is RXR though because their usual representatives weren’t presenting.

Also I agree with the base of the tower. Very bland and uninspired. It isn’t a very big base either, you’d think the project would have a larger footprint but it only takes up the bare minimum. I’ll make a map of the parcels later.

3 Likes

I am, uh, intimately familiar with a person who may be working on this project. I’ll ask if they know anything…

5 Likes

Take it with a grain of salt, but I know that this architect is also working with Street-Works Development on Hamilton Green in White Plains and there may be a connection there…

4 Likes

I now agree that the base needs tinkering. It’s very unimpressive and lacks a lot.

2 Likes
5 Likes

if and when this is constructed, Stamford and West Palm Beach will become the only cities where the tallest building is named after the 45th US president

2 Likes

West Palm Beach and New Rochelle are the only cities where Trump stands tallest, as Stamford has had a renaming

2 Likes

The Hessels reported on Twitter about a week back that several businesses have shuttered in the footprint of this future tower.

1 Like

I believe that if this building is constructed, it will be the tallest in New York State, outside of NYC. That’s amazing if this gets built.

3 Likes

Is there an updated height for this building? Corning Tower in Albany is 610 feet tall.

1 Like

Oh no, I saw 583ft as the initial height for the Corning Tower. Now I’m seeing both 583ft and 610ft as the official height.

1 Like

Confirmed to just be 528 ft actually, per the City Manager. Would be the third tallest outside of NYC, but then the tallest in Westchester.

1 Like