MIAMI | 888 (888 Brickell Ave) | 1,048 FT | 81 FLOORS

A developer is looking to capitalize on downtown Miami’s booming office market with a new tower at 888 Brickell Avenue.

Alphatur, NV submitted plans for a 38-story office building. It would replace an existing 8-story building on the .51 acre property.

The proposed project includes 304,950 square feet of office space, along with ground floor retail and restaurant space. A 264 space parking garage is also included.

The building would top off at 472 feet, with 30 usable floors.

Arquitectonica is the architect. Miami’s UDRB will review the plans next week.

Credit: NXT

2 Likes

UDRB Approves Flashier Design For 888 Brickell Office Tower

Miami’s Urban Design Review Board has approved plans for a 38-story office tower at 888 Brickell after it was redesigned by Arquitectonica.

Arquitectonica’s Raymond Fort, the 28-year-old son of the company’s founder, is overseeing design of the project.

Originally, the architect proposed a more subdued design for the building, which was to be framed with a dark, modern-looking steel exoskeleton. Board members rejected the plans on Dec. 7 as being too boring.

The new design calls for a multi-color exoskeleton, with additional lighting and framing. UDRB members were taken with the flashier design, and voted to recommend approval on Dec. 21.

4 Likes

https://www.thenextmiami.com/miami-getting-yet-another-supertall-tower-major-on-brickell-avenue/

4 Likes

Curious to see what Studio Sofield does here. This is their second collaboration with JDS, they also did the interiors of Steinway.

Some NYC work:

5 Likes

this is going to be the 9 deKalb of Miami

This is a pretty modest tower by Stern’s standards.

Can’t wait to see detailed renderings.

6 Likes
4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd_o0uJO_Z1/

2 Likes

This looks terrible.

I wouldn’t be happy with this on 28th and 3rd.

1 Like

This sort of surprises me. The shape is lame, but I figured you’d like the Art Deco elements.

1 Like

Some better pics

Stone in a building this tall is a rare sight nowadays

7 Likes

It looks nice. That base is…well, we’ll say interesting. What is that orange-brownish color? What are they going for.

Renaming to: MIAMI | 888 (888 Brickell Ave) | 1,049 FT | 90 FLOORS

2 Likes
1 Like

If built as rendered this may be the best supertall going up in Miami

1 Like

I agree. Exciting times. Okan, Waldorf, potentially 888 Brickell and all the other prospects. :beers:

2 Likes