Megatalls - Existing, Planned/Proposed, Unbuilt, Vision, etc

The New York Stock Exchange Tower at 2300 feet is also quite fantastic!

2 Likes

You think they based the 1 WTC design somewhat off of it?

1 Like

That was what I was thinking as well lol

1 Like

Jeddah Tower :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I wonder if they’ll ever finish it.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, there was a person who works at some French company or something that visited the site and said that it’ll restart construction sometime around October of this year.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Imagine if that came to fruition :heart_eyes:

1 Like

For New York

Looks like the Uptown Dubai Tower has its height reduced to around 550-600+ meters based on one of these sources.

https://mediaoffice.ae/en/news/2022/May/25-05/DMCC-welcomes-Abdulla-Al-Basti-to-Its-Headquarters-and-Trade-Facilities-in-Dubai

2 Likes

In curiosity, what megatall from across the world do you think would fit in NYC? @mcart

All of them.

But probably The Burj, simply due to the stepped pattern that NYC is known for (and is way overdone)

1 Like

I had a feeling you’d mention the Burj lol. I bet it would compliment the skyline while also dominating it. :slight_smile:

Also, I was thinking of adding the Oblisco Capitale and Merdeka 118 to my midtown city (Minecraft).

1 Like

The Burj Khalifa would fit Chicago better.

3 Likes

Burj Khalifa is very much a transplanted Chicago skyscraper. It was designed by Chicago-grown Adrian Smith of SOM, who has since gone on to found his own firm which we know well for Central Park Tower among other projects. Maybe one day Jeddah Tower will be finished and he will be known for two megatalls.

1 Like
2 Likes

Impressive and imposing megatall! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Decided to post a skyscraper link here that shows a somewhat true scale of the skyscrapers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just realized and found out that the roof height of Merdeka 118 is 1,742 ft. I always thought it was around at least 1,650 ft :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

As I mentioned in another thread, it’s hard to pick anything other than Shenzhen’s Ping An Finance Center, with its original spire:

4 Likes