Mcarts notes of developments and etc

That would be quite the centerpiece of the city :slight_smile: I like it

2 Likes

Yeah right now this is just in my head. I don’t know where I would put it irl. I need lots of space, but also it needs to be close to a very large MSA.

1 Like

Well, if I were to design skyscrapers, I would definitely do blue glass towers with classy designs. But most importantly, I would love to see different colors of glass, like my most favorite color red. Few towers around the world do have red glass, but its always not as vibrant or a tone I enjoy. I’m greatly looking forward to 3001 JFK in Philadelphia

2 Likes

That’s nice, I never thought about it but why don’t they do more colors of glass? Just efficiency in the supply chain? Why add more complexity when you can avoid it and your tenants don’t care.

Where glass will be used on this skyscraper, it will most of the time be black following the black and gold theme I’ve got going.

2 Likes

They do make colorful glass for buildings, its just that it’s never highrises and even low rises. SouthStar Lofts in Philly has decorative colored glass hanging off on the Broad Street side. Every time I pass by it I always think that a highrises or supertall should have this type of glass

1 Like

Yeah I know, they just don’t do it for the big ones. Al La CPT, the Hudson Yards Tower, etc.

This is my own concept, first 3d modeled, then brought to “reality” on Minecraft. I personally believe if something like this was built in the United States, it would totally be a new skyline topper

2 Likes

That’s awesome! What did you 3-D model it with?

Google Sketchup, my 3d modeling domain

1 Like

2 Likes

Ah cool cool. I could see this somewhere like Chinatown maybe?

I don’t think it could fit in with Philadelphia, but NYC or Chicago…definitely

One of the best skyscraper designs I’ve seen in not only Google Sketchup, but for Minecraft as well. Later on, I’m going to show you guys I’m building my concept (although inspiration from the Waldorf astoria hotel and residences in Miami) in Minecraft and it’s enormous. Hint: taller than X-seed 4000.

1 Like

It reminds me of either Gothic or East Asian Traditional

2 Likes

The tower was inspired by pagodas, that’s why it’s called Pagoda Tower

2 Likes

I love pagotascrapers. My current favorite is Taipei 101, that thing is a modern masterpiece

1 Like

I want the lighting scheme to work like TK’s design. The entire buidling should light up.
Power systems should be connected to the overall grid but the power should 99% of the time be produced on the land of the project. It should also be backed up by a large enough battery system for the entire project area.

2 Likes

Would the building have a lighting scheme for special occasions as well, such as changing colors?

1 Like

Possibly but if it were located in a big city such as NYC I would not have it connected to their systems. It will be lit at my discretion should I feel like it. Or whoever happens to own the project at the time.

1 Like

Ah okay. It would be cool if it has multicolors or during a light show. :slight_smile:

1 Like