JERSEY CITY | Frank J. Guarini Justice Complex | 5 FLOORS

One of the largest public developments in the state, the Frank J. Guarini Justice Complex, has been in the works for several years. The $345 million scheme will replace Hudson County’s outdated Administration Building at 595 Newark Street with a new structure across the street set to feature 24 courtrooms, jury assembly spaces, various offices, and the Sheriff’s Department.

Several parcels set for the eventual complex were cleared in late 2018 and New York City-based Rafael Viñoly Architects has drawn up a master plan for construction of the new facility. The five-story complex, which will be certified LEED Silver, will include a 75-seat public food court, a self-help law library, a children’s play area, training spaces, and a 459-space parking garage built into the design.

Article via Jersey Digs

2 Likes

I’m glad they’re replacing the current dump, but I would have definitely preferred something more vertical, in keeping with the new JC.

2 Likes

Exactly. Or something less ugly. This could have been a great symbol of the resurgence of the region but this is what they’ve come up with… Hopefully they tweak it a bit since this is preliminary. It’ll be a huge change for the area though, so it’s a win

2 Likes

On the bright side, it’ll be surrounded on all sides by taller buildings?

2 Likes

This looks like something out of a totalitarian dystopia.

6 Likes

for a prison complex, it’s not that bad…

4 Likes

hats off to the architects!

1 Like

Disgusting and gross, I’m embarassed that this is going up in my neighborhood :frowning: :-1:

don’t count on the county people to improve on this unless a whole bunch of people protest. deGise and the other freeholders have a very suburban 1960s mentality.

2 Likes

Vinoly hates NYC

3 Likes

Pretty much a rehash of his City College building:

2 Likes

nobody thinks it’s poetic that a “justice complex” looks like it belongs in the dystopian future :rofl:

I wonder which of the starchitects should be given the commission to design the future HQ of the Misinstry of Truth

1 Like

Who wore it better?

Or

7 Likes

Today

4 Likes

Central Ave realignment taking shape.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Can’t wait for them to tear down that old administrative building. It looks like every POS box from the 60s or 70s. I’m especially glad it’ll be a park. This area needs more green space.

5 Likes

So from sources, this is now out for bids. The original bids were too expensive so they opened for bids again today. So most likely, those are working conceptual renderings since I’m sure they are looking to design engineer this by a lot…I’ll update when I have news again.

3 Likes

Groundbreaking was delayed a few months ago when all construction bids came in way over budget. A construction contractor has now been selected.

4 Likes
3 Likes