JERSEY CITY | Bergen-Lafayette Development

Adaptive Reuse Project Turns Former All Saints School Into 25 New Condos

My grandmother used to be a teacher here. It’s so nice to see it being adapted to fit this growing sector of the city.

5 Likes

374 Communipaw Ave - 5 story building proposed

327 Communipaw Ave

378 Johnston

312 Pacific Avenue

326 Pacific Avenue

5 Likes

Various projects in this neighborhood, dates of photos vary.

Source

6 Likes

quite a few handsome projects, who knew
thanks!!

2 Likes

Jersey City has some great building stock. The townhouses, the old factories and warehouses, etc. It’s also nice that the new developments are being contextual.

3 Likes

That’s what I love about JC, the buildings have a lot of character and they vary by neighborhood. There’s a large mansion near Lincoln Park that’s currently being renovated in the English Tudor style and it’s a beauty.

4 Likes

Oron_Zchut on skyscrapercity did another walk around of the developments in the area.

Solaris Lofts

121 Garabrant St.

313 Pine St. with Phase 2 at the forefront

323 Pine St.

331 Pine St.

The Ashford

100 Monitor St. by BKSK Architects

72 Maple St.

Other smaller sites and renovations

Canal Crossing site

There’s a lot of retail and small businesses opening up here, and it’s been great. Sam AM opened an outpost here and so has a coffeeshop (The Grind Shop) awhile ago. Great additions to the neighborhood.

3 Likes

9 Likes

Welcome to the community @Yayay! and thanks for the contribution!

2 Likes

I did a recent update from here as well - 1/11/20

327 Pine Street - called Conifer Flats

The two neighboring buildings were recently completed as well (323 Pine, 313 Pine)

The Ashton

408-410 Whiton site

2nd Phase of 313 Pine site

17-19 Ash

That whole block

Clearing equipment on the 309-323 Johnston Ave lot

95 Monitor site

BeLa

Solaris Lofts (complete)

100 Monitor, now known as 295 Johnston

Garabrant Phase 2 site

306 Johnston site

Suydam Ave - former auto repair shop on Suydam and Communipaw closed

374 Communipaw - awaiting demo

Whitlock - some work going on - paving/roadwork. Don’t know if or when they will start working inside

87 Van Horne site - 2 pretty large buildings proposed (7 stories each)

Some more neighborhood improvement shots

Beloved Charter School

They also put up this building in the back of the original school

4 Likes

Whitlock Cordage seemed like people have moved in. At night, there are numerous lights on in the different apartments.

306 Johnston rendering

660 Grand, former artist studio spaces is being turned into a mixed use building. I forgot to take a picture but they are building an extra floor above the existing building

503-509 Communipaw Avenue. They have recently demolished the house sitting on the property that’s proposed for this development. Not sure if it was approved as is.

2 Likes

I can provide photos for you there :slight_smile:

660 Grand

503-509 Communipaw

Interesting to hear about Whitlock Cordage. The buildings did not look complete (broken windows/incomplete finishes etc). I know the large building in the middle is complete (Lafayette Lofts), but I did not expect the Whitlock ones were. Perhaps they are opening them piecemeal?

4 Likes

Thanks for the help! :slightly_smiling_face: And yes, when I’d get an Uber at night and drive on Grand St. I remember seeing lights in the windows. But it might also be Lafayette Lofts haha. But yes, probably opening them piecemeal. Makes more sense for the area

1 Like

As far as Whitlock Cordage, construction work is beginning again in earnest. The developer has applied for New Building permits for some of the buildings and several buildings have open alteration permits:

https://www.sdlportal.com/towns/nj/hudson/jerseycity/building/permits/78791

I don’t think any of the buildings have certificates of occupancy yet.

4 Likes

Really happy with this facade. Looks great

8 Likes

Seems like the first round or two of buildings are wrapping up here. The next few are in various stages of demolition or planning

295 Johnston (“295J”)

The Ashton

Conifer Flats

BeLa

Next round of buildings coming up includes

95 Monitor

309 Johnston Ave

Garabrant Phase 2

412-418 Whiton and 408-410 Whiton

401-405 Whiton

7 Likes

The exposed metal is a nice accent

3 Likes

Not much going on here 3 weeks ago - just some finishing touches on Conifer Flats and completed demolitions/grading on other sites.

Conifer Flats

309 Johnston and 95 Monitor

Garabrant 2

5 Likes

A few weeks later - Garabrant Phase 2 is piling

Conifer Flats

Pretty quiet elsewhere

8 Likes

Anyone have any updates on 125 Monitor? Any news about the situation at the site. Last thing I heard was litigation with the city trying to take the property from the stubborn owner through eminent domain.

That ugly building has to go

1 Like