JERSEY CITY | 420 Marin Blvd (Hudson Exchange West Phase 2) | 675 FT | 60 FLOORS

802 apartments and the relocated ShopRite at the base. The site will not be redeveloped as two towers as shown in the left renderings, but rather as a single 60-story tower as shown on the renderings on the right.

13 Likes

Wow - finally! Some concrete plans about relocating the Shop-Rite. I wonder if BJ’s will be relocating inside the complex or go elsewhere in Jersey City like 440.

At 60 stories, that’s double the height of the existing two towers. Phew, I was worried all the towers would be 35-40 stories.

Thanks for the scoop apophenic!

5 Likes

Wonder if they’re leaving the option to connect with the embankment in the future

2 Likes

Yes, they are.

5 Likes

Rendering:

Article:

11 Likes

Here’s the other photo from that article. You’d think ShopRite would get the first and second floor retail but I guess I’ll wait and see until there’s more details available.

10 Likes

Wow, that is a thick building. May not be the tallest in JC, but with not much around it yet it’ll be quite prominent. Don’t think any of the current towers are this massive in terms of square area of the main tower.

2 Likes

Would like to see their rendering of what the embankment bridge would look like

1 Like

7 Likes
5 Likes

Drove by this today and they’ve fenced off the area and surrounding parking lot and started demoing the old bed bath and beyond

4 Likes

This was posted a few days ago from u/blondieboo on reddit

6 Likes

Exciting! Between this, 242 Hudson, and (possibly) 55 Hudson (the parking lot there was closed recently), it is possible that action might pick up in downtown JC after a few relatively slow years!

The demolition permit was issued 4 days ago.

https://www.sdlportal.com/towns/nj/hudson/jerseycity/building/permits/177673

4 Likes

Just posted by r/sandman14240

9 Likes

That’s very exciting. But also goodbye to a piece of old downtown. It’s been there for so long!

And in a few years, we’ll get to hear the proposals regarding the current ShopRite site and BJ’s.

3 Likes

Getting closer to reality. A building permit application was filed today, and a pile driver was seen onsite.

3 Likes

A little hard to see, but the pile driver is in the middle of this shot

9 Likes

Many of the foundation piles are already in place (yellow beams). That was quick!

11 Likes

Any update on what’s replacing the current shoprite and Bjs? Saw an updated master plan looks like similar sized towers going up there too in phase 3?

2 Likes

The entire metro plaza will be replaced with a new grid and high rises. Shoprite will move into the current under construction tower, BJs will move elsewhere in Jersey City.

As far as I know there are no renders of what will go where shoprite and BJs are right now. Height can be guessed by looking at the plans as they do specify maximum heights. If I recall there are at least 5 more projects excluding the park.

I imagine once those move theyll demolish the buildings and fully build out the grid with empty plots for the remaining towers and park.

The next phase won’t start until this is finished and Shoprite moves in, and BJs moves out. I’d guess 2025/2026 at the earliest for the next.

3 Likes