JERSEY CITY | 201 Hudson St (Urby II & III) | 736 FT x 2 | 69 FLOORS x 2

Yeah, overall not much of a change from the 2012 plan (can’t tell if the architectural design has changed though). Net difference of 8 units added, I believe, and the potential of a hotel use as you said. And apparently the height of one tower reduced by a floor, while the other gained 4 floors. Unless the height section of the application form is not correct/complete, which is possible…the application form doesn’t really have enough room to write out all the details of multi-tower developments.

1 Like

Oh awesome. Wasnt sure if that was an old doc. That’s exciting to hear.

This would explain why Smorgasburg moved parking lots. They must be planning to start construction before October. More evident given this application.

With 1600+ units this will probably breath life into Harborside.

4 Likes

I doubt this is the reason they moved. The new lot is connected to smorgasbar which is their other venture. Tbh id be surprised if they start anything this year

4 Likes

Urby 1 has already done quite a lot for the streetscape. Lots more people walking around in those areas, even weekdays. Plus the retail additions have been great!

Depending when this application goes in front of the Planning Board, it’s still a possibility they can have foundation permits by the end of the year just to start.

4 Likes

Here it is. Design appears largely unchanged from the original…only the heights changed, as I mentioned before. The two towers will go up in a single phase:

9 Likes

exciting. This will seriously boost the Downtown JC skyline. Just the one Urby tower by itself was a big addition.

9 Likes

Link to the document?

Sorry! Big file:

https://data.jerseycitynj.gov/api/datasets/1.0/p22-094-191-201-hudson-street-or-planning-board-application/attachments/191_201_hudson_street_archutectural_plans_2022_0713_urby_2_planning_board_revision_set_arch_1_pdf/

3 Likes

I love documents like this, so much larger and full of details. Philadelphia city documents arent like this, and most diagrams are low quality, but this is perfection

5 Likes

Actually, there’s definitely a change from the rendering YIM showed above. The middle one goes straight up with no protrusions and intrusions. The one on the left has vertical protrusions. Glad it varied a little, adds some variety. Also really happy with the way the buildings meet at street level. This area has been really busy since Smorgasburg opened across the street, so the retail space will do really well I’m sure. Great news for the city!

7 Likes

good eye!

4 Likes

JC is crazy!

Easily number 2 behind Manhattan. Brooklyn does have a supertall on it (a high quality one at that) but JC is just putting up so much!

(Well after all the under construction and proposed are done anyways. Also it depends on what you’re looking at. BK certainly has a lot more, well everything but the tallest, but just from a skyline perspective JC.)

4 Likes

Thats awesome if they build both towers in one phase. Any idea on potential start timeline?

1 Like

No. They typically have five years after site plan approval to start. Since they haven’t even gotten site plan approval yet, I think it will be at the very least a year before shovels in the ground.

2 Likes

10 Likes

looks severely value engineered compared to the first tower. Not going to complain about 2 more 700 footers though.

1 Like

As far as potential timeline, they’re aiming for 2024 for tower 1, and 2026 for tower 2 (so they are aiming for phased construction, despite it being a single phase at the Planning Board).

3 Likes

Just to compare

3 Likes

I like the different shades of grey. Its so cool. I wish it was built on the other side of the water, here in NYC instead :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: