JERSEY CITY | 170 Erie Street | FT | 9 FLOORS

Demolition Will Begin Soon at Silverman’s 170 Erie Street in Jersey City

One of Jersey City’s most prominent developers has announced they will soon be tearing down a parking garage to make way for their newest mixed-use project in the Hamilton Park neighborhood.

We first broke the news of the impending development almost a year ago, which is designed by New York-based STUDIO V Architecture. Set to rise nine stories, the project is truly mixed-use and will feature retail, office, and residential components.

The total retail square footage is 7,500 square feet The remainder of the first and second floors will contain 85 garage spots utilizing a triple-stacking system to maximize space. The third and fourth floors of the development will consist of 20,518-square feet of office space, which includes a rear-facing terrace area.

57 residential units intended as rentals will take up the next five stories, with apartments on the higher floors featuring balconies with glass wall components. The top floor will consist of common amenity space and is set to include a roof deck, lounge, business center, and media room. Vertical construction seems likely to happen later this year.

9 Likes

Projects like this are what nearby Newark NJ needs. There is activity occurring, and also within the pipeline, but Newark NJ is way overdue for a massive boom. Lots of potential.

3 Likes

Agreed! I thought that the new Prudential Tower and Teachers Village would be the sparks for a larger boom, but it hasn’t happened as quickly. It’s getting there, but slowly.

2 Likes

Full building permits issued today. Foundation work should start soon.

3 Likes

The parking garage has already been demolished!

4 Likes

Construction underway - underground work ongoing

5 Likes

nice! Didn’t realize this one was this far ahead, I think it will make a great addition to the neighborhood.

4 Likes

Today

3 Likes

Today

5 Likes

6 Likes

3 weeks ago

3 Likes

Today

7 Likes

6 Likes

From last month

2 Likes

This one’s covered so it’s hard to see the progress

4 Likes

Still progressing, still mostly covered

3 Likes

A peak at the facade.

5 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

This is turning out really well! I’m sure it’ll fill up quickly.

1 Like