EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. | Meadowlands Sports Complex

Let’s hope they get that connection to NJT before 2026

that happened in 2009

4 Likes

Oh cool! Even better.

The lightrail currently ends in north bergen about two miles from the stadium/american dream. They should definitely extend it.

3 Likes
1 Like

Hopefully puts more money in their pocket

2 Likes
2 Likes

They’re in hella debt. Every other week another debt hits them. Hopefully their lucrative amusements and stores (which do not, as they initially anticipated, attract elites from NYC) help offset their deficits.

1 Like

Speaking of amusements and attracting wealthy NY elite, that’s what the bronx (and Yonkers, etc) shoud do with amusement parks. Disney, Universal, Six Flags etc. Coak all of them in. Big bucks rolling in.

I was thinking of this idea at one point. Perhaps, something like a Six Flags within one of the more spaced out boroughs, like Staten Island or Bronx. Staten Island would get an influx of tourism if they built something like a Disney World. Maybe even perhaps Long Island? A Disney World on LI? LI already has Splish Splash.

We need one of those amusement centers (Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, Six Flags, etc.) to get a ton more domestic tourists (from USA) and perhaps international.

1 Like

Ngl I totally forgot about Staten Island. But that’s what could bring it back! Here I’ll write down my thoughts in my own thread to not clutter up this one

NYC already has Coney Island and Playland in Rye. Six Flags Great Adventure as well although that is a longer road trip. They also built Legoland along Route 17 upstate and there is a Splashdown Beach in Dutchess. We’re pretty well covered.

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Mr Beast is such a fascinating phenomenon. An entrepreneurial journey built upon an anti-capitalist strategy of redistributing money rather than hording it. I remember he would be trending on Youtube for making videos of himself giving away loads of money to completely random video game streamers who were trying to make it big themselves or just doing it as a hobby. And that in turn earned him a profitable platform for advertisers to come to him and put the money down for his next videos. Now he’s on the verge of franchising restaurants under his Youtube name that will not only employ people but earn him some royalties to keep fueling that income that helps him do his ambitious videos. Fun story.

And he started all of this down in Raleigh NC. Not NYC, LA, Chicago, or even the DMV.