CLEVELAND | General Development / News

2 Likes

3393 Warrensville Center Road (Shaker Heights)
Proposed 140-unit development

This is at the end of the Blue Line (light rail) in the eastern suburb of Shaker Heights.

1 Like

Brecksville Rd & Miller Rd (Brecksville)
southern suburbs of Cleveland

1 Like

1465 Chester Avenue

1 Like

Greyhound bus station could move to a Red Line station in southwest Cleveland.

Unlike the Greyhound bus stops on the outskirts of Columbus and Cincinnati, this one would actually have decent transit access.

1 Like

Such a beautiful building!

3 Likes

The Cleveland Browns have joined the “gimme gimme” bandwagon, asking taxpayers to pay for their new stadium. Pathetic billionaires turning into lying beggars.

Amazingly this strategy has failed recently, in such places as Kansas City and Oakland. We will see if the Browns ownership will have better luck.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s also been stated in this thread before, but these team owners love to misrepresent these projects as “economic drivers” for the city when the benefits are basically just for the franchise.

3 Likes

The amount of surface parking compared to the mixed-use development (even with a train station AND airport in close distance) is insane. A literal sea of asphalt. It is also quite comical how the renderings don’t show the massive expanse of surface parking.

That’s all they know how to do.

I just took a look at the location of the current Cleveland Browns stadium, and it also has a transit station and airport in close proximity and is also surrounded by parking.

1 Like

That stadium has both light rail and heavy rail among other things while also being close to downtown. It’s an absolute travesty that the new stadium includes transit access but still bends over for automobiles. Land wasted that could go to more productive uses. It also seems the new stadium is going to have even more parking since the current one isn’t the worst offender regarding having massive asphalt seas around it that I’ve seen.

2 Likes

Cleveland Browns are also thinking of building a mixed-use development in Berea, Ohio.