148-163 W 48th St | Ft | Fl

Thanks, Oppi. So they didn’t get the little DD building or the PoS to the west of it.

This was one of the worst blocks in the City, and yet on both sides, the garbage is being torn down. The demolition of this junk is a Christmas present!

There’s still a lot of garbage that must come down though including the multiple little eyesores north of M&M World on Seventh Ave and 49th St., and that utterlty heinous full-block Manhattan Hotel that the group from The UAE bought. Most recently, they were talking about “renovating” that eyesore. Talk about putting lipstick on a pig!

1/5/17

12/30/17

4 Likes

soon to be wall to wall hotels

4 Likes

Great shots, Oppi.

It sucks nads that the developers couldn’t acquire the heinous little buildings with the DD and luggage shop. Maybe with some luck, they’ll magically burn down like the little PoS next to HFZ’s 29th St site did.

looks like the buildings below may be in play, they’re 148-152 49th

2 Likes

I’ll be elated to see that filthy pos come down!

It’s part of the bigger 721 7th Ave project!!

Sites on both sides of 48th are almost completely clear.

5 Likes

Awesome!

The plumbers are at work removing the sh…it!

I hope that the a holes that own the DD and luggage shop get overrun by rats and are forced to close. Their filthy buildings are a blight.

1 Like

all clear and quiet on 48th. it will be nice seeing the cort theater loose its crappy flaking paint job. on a side note I wonder why they don’t build new theaters in these projects, there are more than enough tourists to fill the seats

4 Likes

Nice shots, Oppi. Did you get any of the two sites on the north side of the street?

I wonder if they’ll ever build another theater, pretty soon there won’t be any suitable sites left

!

2 Likes

They need to get those two dilapidated tenements to the West.

1 Like

Those buildings don’t even look structurally sound, they’re so dilapidated.
I realize Dunkin just rents but you’d think they wouldn’t want their structure to look like a crack house.

1 Like

Future home of the Times Sq Holiday Flea Market :santa:

1 Like