Sleepy Hollow, NY | Edge-on-Hudson

This is a high profile mixed-use project in the suburbs right along the Metro North RR’s Hudson Line and the Tappan Zee Bridge.

Toll Selected to Build on the Hudson in Westchester, N.Y.

The development team at Edge-on-Hudson, a joint venture of SunCal and Diversified Realty Advisors, has announced that Toll Brothers (NYSE: TOL), has signed an agreement to purchase and build out lots in Phase 1 of the project. It is anticipated that Toll Brothers will build as many as 306 units of housing, including 61 affordable workforce and senior housing units.
[…]
SunCal and Diversified will continue site development on the project, an ambitious development valued at $1 billion, which will eventually include 1,177 units of housing; a 140-room boutique hotel; 135,000 square feet of retail space and 35,000 square feet of office space. The project will also feature more than 16 acres of parkland, and a winding promenade along the water linking to the existing RiverWalk to the south and Kingsland Point Park to the north.

utilities installation in late September

6 Likes

Wow! I remember my parents telling me about how there used to be a GM assembly plant / factory at that location many, many years ago. I always wondered if it would just sit in it’s current state for the rest of my life. This looks like such a great project and I’m excited to hear more about it. I can just imagine how amazing the view would be if you had an apartment right on the edge.

2 Likes

from February

February 23, 2018
On-site at Edge-on-Hudson, new road construction in March (see aerial view) will include preparatory work along Palisades Blvd. including the installation of water, sewer and storm pipe
At the Beekman Avenue Bridge, pile driving is complete for Phase 1, as 46 piles were driven to rock at depths of up to 105′
The first of two large concrete footings are scheduled to be poured the week of 2/26/18 at the Beekman Avenue Bridge

5 Likes

they refitted the lighthouse with a new beacon a few years back. Tonight was the first time I actually saw it lit. I don’t know if its an every night thing, it would be cool if it were. Nice to see a light other than the bouys out on the Hudson.

3 Likes

Home construction is underway, as Toll Brothers (NYSE: TOL) has started work on their Brownstones collection of luxury townhomes. In addition, home sales are set to commence, with the on-site sales gallery scheduled to open in the coming weeks. At the same time, the master developers of the project, a joint venture of California-based SunCal and New Jersey-based Diversified Realty Advisors, have begun infrastructure work on Phase 2 of the ambitious $1 billion development, set to establish a regional destination and gateway to the Hudson Valley.

3 Likes

waterfront walkway

homes starting to rise

4 Likes

the wood constructions seemed to be topped off when I crossed the TZB earlier. They looked a few stories tall.

3 Likes

Hines has joined in to develop a phase.

Texas-based developer Hines will build the second phase of the Edge-on-Hudson project. SunCal and Diversified tapped Hines to build a total of 246 luxury apartments on Oct. 17.

Hines said it will deliver a 5-story luxury apartment complex.

4 Likes

I love DeCicco’s

DeCicco & Sons marks the first retail lessee for the community, which has been building and leasing townhomes, condos, and apartments for more than a year now. Once completed, the development will include more than 100,000 more square feet of retail space beyond DeCicco’s, a 140-room boutique hotel, nearly 1,200 homes, 35,000 square feet of offices, and 16 acres of parkland.

7 Likes

From the bridge:

5 Likes

I travel that area often on the water; this post was a good reminder for me to make a stop over trip some time soon. I go there on average once a week in the summer months, so I know this spot well, but not sure where to make land fall when arriving at this stage of construction.

The timing for this development is perfect; there really are a lot of folks wanting to get out on NYC - but still be near Manhattan.

One of the many things I like about that area is the never-ending, always changing, and always beautiful ‘CLOUD SHOW’ - you can see what I mean even in these few photos above in this thread.

5 Likes

It looks like there’s a canoe launch at Horan’s Landing.

1 Like

Developers and banks remain bullish on apartments in Westchester despite coronavirus and changing real estate markets in New York City.

County records show that financial services firm TD Bank recently agreed to join the redevelopment of the former General Motors site in Sleepy Hollow. TD Bank provided two loans totaling $35.6 million for Pennsylvania-based developer Toll Brothers to carry on the construction of 188 apartments fronting the Metro-North tracks on the western side of the village for an unknown total cost.

looks like landscaping is coming along and more foundations have been laid.

4 Likes

from august Redirecting...

4 Likes
2 Likes

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

The Hudson River is stunning!

1 Like