SAN FRANCISCO | LOW-RISE / GENERAL Development News + Construction

SAN FRANCISCO Low-Rise / General Development News + Construction

This thread is designated for miscellaneous low-rise projects of any stage in development. At YIMBY, low-rises are considered buildings of less then 10 stories (100 feet). Projects of 10 or more stories (100+ feet) are deserving of their own thread in the appropriate category. Significant projects of less than 10 stories (100 feet) are eligible to an individual thread. San Francisco’s general development news can also be tracked here.

424 Brannan Street

I feel like this story flew under the radar since it published the same day as the news on 50 Main Street, but I think it’s so beautifully done I wanted to highlight it. Skidmore Owings & Merrill is the project architect.

5 Likes

Proposed five-story infill at 500 Brannan Street. I swear, if all the proposals for Brannan Street are built, it’ll be one of the more interesting architectural thoroughfares for 2020’s design in the city.

4 Likes
1 Like

I just want to point out that, despite several significant proposals for San Jose, the San Jose Design Review Committee has not met once this year.

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but this is the most brick-like project we’ve seen in a while rise in the Bay Area. I know this is more than ten stories but I’m not sure it needs to be in a separate thread.

4 Likes

2600-2630 Telegraph Avenue (Oakland)

2 Likes
2 Likes

^SF’s NIMBYISM never fails to be disgusting.
Well as for the project. It’s nice, way too small but it’s SF so what are you gonna do.

1 Like

Valley Link in running for $450 million of Biden infrastructure funds

By Aaron Leathley
Stockton Record
June 4, 2022

"A commuter train project that would connect the San Joaquin Valley to the East Bay is in the running to receive about $450 million from President Joe Biden’s infrastructure bill, the Tri-Valley San Joaquin Valley Regional Rail Authority announced this week.

The project — called Valley Link — aims to unclog the I-580/Altamont Corridor, according to a Rail Authority brief. It also aims to improve air quality by allowing commuters an alternative to driving, according to Wil Ridder, deputy director of the rail authority.

Valley Link would include seven stations stretching 42 miles east from the Bay Area, starting at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station and ending in north Lathrop…"

1 Like

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2021/11/29/san-francisco-central-subway-project.html

http://www.meridianprecast.com/central-subway-chinatown-station/

1 Like

I feel like this green is straight out of the 80‘s / 90’s

Idk I kinda like it. Reminds me sort of Jade

1 Like

The panels and solid colors remind me a lot of MRT Stations in Singapore. Now to see them get rid of the floppy disks mentioned by Heather Knight! I’d love for them to be reused in a public art sculpture inside a subway station.

1 Like

Bay Area related, but can someone please explain how on earth this art installation is going to cost $100-200M??? As much or more than the cost of repairing the Millennium Tower, or a third of the cost of 181 Fremont Street .

"The cost to realize Breeze of Innovation will be $100 to $200 million. Urban Confluence Silicon Valley’s intention is to raise all the necessary funds from private fundraising and gifts in kind and to have all funds raised before groundbreaking. "

Link here to the presentation deck about it that’s being presented to the city today: LINK HERE

1 Like

For that cost it better be permanent

1 Like

Wowza, that’s a lot of money for what’s basically a park pavilion. It looks like a lot of earth will be moved, lots of landscaping, that amphitheater space looks huge. I would guess a good amount of the cost is the fabrication of all those tall, white needle things. It’s custom so that takes time and effort to put together to fabricate and install. I want to see more renderings of it lol

2 Likes

There’s five here from the first location proposal, + two of the runner-up proposals.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like