SAN FRANCISCO | 200 Mission Street Campus | 992 FT | 89 FLOORS

https://aca-prod.accela.com/ccsf/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=Planning&TabName=Planning&capID1=21CAP&capID2=00000&capID3=00CL3&agencyCode=CCSF

2 Likes

I have to be honest, even if built to 2000’ but this thing is ugly. I don’t care about the angled windows, etc. It looks like all the short 10-20 story apartment buildings around the hills north of downtown on steroids. There are so many great architects out there that could create a work of art here. Hines has that capacity and can create a masterpiece here with a little time invested. This building went from 810’ to 1066’ in two months. I understand the best for the return on their investment but put some time into it and make it stand out. I’m sure the City would push it through at that point. Hines says they are committed to San Francisco so revise the building and make it the best. This deal isnt dead. The City asked for some changes in base size so it’s still out there.

3 Likes

This was back in January so no mention of a possible height change. Though I don’t know if that will stick or not, hopefully not.

3 Likes

Height has been revised

3 Likes

I don’t honestly mind the reduction. It’s not exactly a knockout design, and I thought the relationship with Salesforce on the skyline was awkward. Some will probably lament that this was SF’s best chance at a second supertall, but that’s all arbitrary nonsense as far as I’m concerned. I’d rather have an aesthetically pleasing skyline with slightly less impressive numbers than the other way around.

2 Likes

I’m just glad it’s getting built at all, this is San Fran after all.
Though this does mean that LA still holds 2/3rds of all the supertalls in California.

It’s still going to be a supertall. “The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) defines a ‘supertall’ building as one that is more than 300 m (984 ft) in height.”

It’s just holding on to the title with a proposed height of 302 meters (992 ft), but it counts nonetheless!

4 Likes

Oh really? I must have misread it then. I thought it said 970 something.
Well now SF and LA will be matched.
That will be SF’s second and California’s 4th.

It’ll be about the same size as 520 Fifth Ave, at number 16.

2 Likes

Well there we go then, even the numbers nerds will be happy.

2 Likes

I do love my numbers

2 Likes

Can you update the thread title? The 1,066 figure is no longer in play. And 85 should go up to 89 fl

2 Likes
9 Likes

OMG It was so hard to not talk about this yesterday, the renderings for 50 Main St are so shocking!! I actually tweeted about it this morning, even though I’m not one for social media. Hope this time we actually get credit for breaking the story, which everyone else missed about 620 Folsom yesterday :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I really like this design.

3 Likes

Historic Complex seen from Pine Street across Market Street, design by Pickard Chilton

The two buildings will later be erected on this plot.

At the right edge of the picture you can see that the steel structure of the 215 Market Street Building has been completed.

Postcard from the Pacific Gas and Electric Cos Building from 1927

In on this postcard are the two buildings in the background circa 1935.

Collection by Miss Mackensen

6 Likes

Love looking at those historical views of the 215-245 Market St from your collection. Also, your our postcard of the Russ Building looks like a much higher quality print and a slightly different image than what I grabbed from the SF Public Library for our 2021 story.

2 Likes

Thank you for your compliment :+1:
If you are looking for historical pictures of San Francisco write me sometime, maybe I can help you.

2 Likes
3 Likes