PHILADELPHIA | W/Element Hotel | 617 FT | 51 FLOORS

Some talk on SP has brought some new info in this project. The opening date of the tower is now postponed to sometime in March 2021, which is a shame. However, apparently, this tower may be taller than we thought it was. It was classified as being 582 feet on this forum, but according to SkyscraperCenter, it actually reaches the height of 617 feet!

1 Like

617 feet is the height of the old Waldorf Astoria proposal at the same site of the W. But man am I mad that they pushed back the opening again, I just hope they turn the decorative lights on soon. I saw them test it in April 2019

2 Likes

Apparently the W logo was lit green tonight according to someone on SSP. Here’s the only picture I could find on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG58FovJ5MO/?igshid=1gpulpytt0rln

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE6BipbAgcf/?igshid=v6h6z3175gmp
And this post confirms the 617 foot height

3 Likes
4 Likes

Via Arthaus camera

3 Likes

Really looks good, Center City has seen a lot of great lighting effects go up recently, really giving the skyline a better aesthetic after dark

2 Likes

True, I think they’re even restoring more lights on the Mellon Bank Center

2 Likes

More sections being tested

4 Likes

W/Element Hotel night time lighting by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr
Tonight, only testing white. Though other sections are mostly red and minor blue

6 Likes

The W really helps stretch the height of Center City, aside from the north face of the tower, this turned out fantastic. The nighttime lighting is also amazing, everything about the building is great. One of my favorite recent additions to the skyline

3 Likes

Completely agree, it’s a fantastic new addition

3 Likes

So, this project has been postponed YET AGAIN. What’s new here? The Westin is now projected to open in April and the W in May.

1 Like

2 Likes

Tonight

W/Element Hotel lighting by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Click to view the animation

And some videos

[url]Philadelphia skyline from Westville during sunset 02/17/2021 - YouTube

[url]Philadelphia skyline from Westville during sunset 02/17/2021 - YouTube

1 Like

From r/philadelphia on Reddit

@rob_raws Instagram

ezgif-6-c2af654e5f25

@elevated.angles

7 Likes

ezgif-2-96b3c27a0d4f
A few hours ago

7 Likes

Philadelphia skyline lit up from New Jersey by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

9 Likes

Thanks for posting my pic!

2 Likes

How about that, an actual opening date. Element Hotel opens May 14th, W Hotel opens July

2 Likes

W/Element Hotel, Arthaus, Philadelphia City Hall, and One South Broad by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

4 Likes