NEWARK, NJ | The Halo (289-301 Washington Street) | 619 FT | 53 + 52 + 42 FLOORS

The shortest tower is rising.

4 Likes

Credit: Sal Rexha - Principal at Skyline Scaffolding Group

A glimpse of our current ground up project in Newark NJ “The Halo”. Consisting of a 6 story podium, this tower will top off at 40 floors. Skyline Scaffolding Group has been contracted to install a Sidewalk shed, Custom Needle beam platform for the adjacent neighboring property and a Dual 8,000 lb construction hoist.

11 Likes

Rising fast

https://www.reddit.com/r/Newark/comments/15d0f6q/the_halo_is_now_at_the_topoff_height_of_the/

10 Likes

Forgot to post this. From my construction site near Broad St. station. It will really make an impact on the skyline, can’t wait!

9 Likes

Screenshots via Newarknjblog

17 Likes

Earlier today

18 Likes

Credit: naglephoto

12 Likes

Taken 09-07-2023

27 Likes

Screenshots via R/Newark

23 Likes

Man this shot up fast

1 Like

Halo will be the One57 moment for city. Once it starts catching on that Newark’s the place to be, others will follow. Still got Phase II and III of this! :beers:

I’d like to see some of the surface lots redeveloped. If Halo’s scale is anything to go by, the surroundings yield a lot of potential and this administration in office seems to be for development. No longer keeping Newark in the 70’s.

Not just for living but education. The recent renovation of Rutgers nearby and NJIT. Educational hub with law and business and sciences/tech, surely a prime area for young professionals.

11 Likes

I beg to differ. This is great news for Newark but the city is an uphill battle.

1 Like

Continuous improvement is key. The signs do point towards a positive resurgence. I’m not saying overnight but there is momentum per say. What we do know is that downtown is going through its biggest (or city in general) boom in a long time both in the residential and commercial sectors. Not JC levels but significant compared to the last few decades. Newark’s population has risen, and with it, the appetite to live in the city. Baraka and his retail initiative, educational pushes, capital improvement investment… its a step in the right direction.

The foundation is there and being improved upon and its only a matter of time. Long time coming.

As with other NYC nodes, let’s not forget the history behind LIC and even downtown Brooklyn. A lot can happen with the right spark.

5 Likes

Halo on the left.

Credit: SnooStories579

8 Likes

Absolute unit

22 Likes

Very noticable from the turnpike. Was happy to see something new over here, even though I was aware of the project

11 Likes

13 Likes

Reddit - Dive into anything

7 Likes

This will be stunning when completed.

2 Likes

I’ve been under a rock for a bit in terms of tracking Newark development. Between this tower, Summit Tower, and ARC, the city will gain a more modern and (taller) look. It’s hard to believe that the city’s tallest building is 466’ and has held the title for nearly a century.

3 Likes