NEW YORK | Staten Island’s North Shore

„ The “Staten Island North Shore Action Plan: Building a Vibrant, Mixed-Use Waterfront Community” includes a four-year timeline to deliver major improvements to the North Shore, along with more than 7,500 jobs and an estimated economic impact of $3.8 billion.

“For many years, the residents of the North Shore have been subjected to failed projects and broken promises. With the implementation of this action plan, we will have a roadmap to build a vibrant waterfront for Staten Islanders to enjoy,” Council Member Kamillah Hanks, who represents the North Shore and has led the planning effort, said in a statement.

“We deserve a publicly accessible waterfront that balances commerce, industry, housing for all income levels, and recreation. Now we have an action plan which represents a framework that reflects what this community has been demanding for decades. The goal is to finally have a waterfront that is comparable to others across the city and our country.”

The city’s first focus will be completing the waterfront esplanade, extending from St. George to Stapleton and creating 20 acres of continuous waterfront access. Construction is expected to be completed by 2027.

The plan includes the redevelopment and reopening of Pier 1, which has been closed since 2017. Originally designed for water transportation, the pier will be repurposed for public waterfront access. The city’s Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) is currently working to secure funding to complete this project.“

5 Likes

guys, remember Ferris wheel?? lolol

1 Like
5 Likes

2 Likes

Oh my god don’t remind me. I wish the original plan was happening, I’d be taking pictures up at the top faster than my skyline shots on the tuenpike

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes