NEW YORK | Madison Square Garden

Speaking of this

Did I forget to mention how much I hate dolan?

1 Like

I can’t stand the Dolans either, but it seems that the state holds all of the cards If it doesn’t renew their operating permit.

1 Like
2 Likes

Per NYguy:

MSG’s permit renewal…

1 Like

I would not be surprised if the city doesn’t force MSG to move. That’s sad.

1 Like

Such an awful organization -

1 Like

If they get the renewal as expected continued use of facial recognition to bar folks who fight the organization should be barred.

paywalled

Hmm that’s annoying. I could only get this

https://gothamist.com/news/sen-hoylman-sigal-heard-he-was-banned-from-msg-so-he-tried-to-go-to-a-knicks-game

Dolan is the real life Logan Roy.

I find it inconceivable that MSG will receive a renewal. Let’s hope that they city doesn’t completely bend over for Dolan and give him a permit in perpetuity.

Join the Fight for a New Penn Station. It’s Now or Never. (grandpenn.org)

This vile piece of junk is preventing us from having a world-class station.

2 Likes

I know this is the MSG thread, but I would never support that backwards revitalization of a proposal, one that demolishes an entirely newly renovated Penn 2 and certainly not from a group that thinks all 10 planned buildings in the ESC will be strictly office buildings, a seemingly intentional lack of understanding.

I personally don’t think MSG needs to move, current improvements to the station already show what is possible and that is undeniable. If it moves thats all nice and dandy but improvements will still continue with the Station below it and they won’t all of a sudden significantly (and I put emphasis on significantly) change if MSG is demolished in the future, certainly not to that grandpenn nonsense.

If anything needs to go to improve the station, it’s the removal of the Hulu Theater, which itself could somehow be incorporated into HY Phase II.

3 Likes

Penn2 isn’t going anywhere.

MSG should go, but clearly, it’s not. It’s so sad. Redeveloping Penn should start with getting rid of MSG, rather than Hochul’s/Vornado’s crazy plan, which will take decades to come to fruition.

1 Like

I still think it needs just a good recladding.

1 Like

While that would improve the building, It would do nothing for Penn Station.

I think that this would have been the most cost-effective, yet still magnificent, proposal for MSG/Penn.

2 Likes

I also remember this idea - I believe this plan kept MSG in place, only removing the theatre.

9 Likes

Big brother, “1984” here we come.