NEW YORK l 211 West 28th Street l 150 FT l 14 FLOORS

11/12. Old building is demolished, cleared and now they are starting foundation work.

2 Likes

https://ds3.cityrealty.com/img/899f20251adc5132fb2cd18504634e4bd236a3b0+w+h+0+60/211-west-28th-street.jpg
Render

7 Likes

More progress on the foundation

1/21

4 Likes

5/20

4 Likes

Steel going up

4 Likes

Yesterday. Going with the steel frame for the whole building I guess.

1 Like

From a couple days ago

5 Likes

Today

3 Likes

the rendering looks too opulent for supportive housing. Masonry and copper? We’ll just have to wait and see what the final product turns out like.

Yeah it looks like it may turn out nice. It appears that the architect probably took some influence from the neighbor to the west with that copper. Too bad that building has since been acquired and demolished. But it still fits with the one to the east.

yesterday

3 Likes

The rendering look lovely: plenty of masonry and a bit of sculptural detailing of the facade and crown. The architectural artistry of past is far more intricate as we can clearly see on the original building: but by the standards of contemporary building construction this is a fine looking result. I need to make sure to revisit this thread to see the results. So many interesting projects to follow; will need to check in more often to see what is happening.

1 Like

Looks nothing like the render. Turned out terrible.

7 Likes

Value engineering to the max…

Awful.

The city needs some kind of enforcement around this. How many good renderings have i seen become horrible buildings? especially in the outer boros. Also ban that horrible stucco whatever it is…