NEW YORK | Google Hudson Square (St. John's Terminal) | 232 FT | 12 FLOORS

That’s true.

It’s time to reclaim streets for pedestrians. This is not 1950, and Robert Moses is dead.

6 Likes

The Hudson River Walkway gets more and more visitors too = the need to address safer ways to get pedestrians across West St. So hopefully more pedestrian centered proposals come into place. I know Hudson Square wants to eventually add a footbridge across West Street.

7 Likes

I’d rather that the city cut West St from eight lanes to two. This is unnecessary, and it’s also incompatible with global warming initiatives.

2 Likes

That would only cause more traffic. The West side can be very packed already and decreasing lanes would only make it worse.

The best option would be to build more pedestrian bridges so that it not only obstructs traffic but keeps pedestrians safe

Who cares if it causes traffic? People shouldn’t drive in Manhattan.

10 Likes

Exactly! Dis-incentivize driving. Expand other transit options and give more lanes to bikes and pedestrians.

6 Likes

I like the ideas in this article.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Quite the presence up close.

10 Likes
3 Likes

welcome to the jungle

13 Likes

Nice, the greener the better!

1 Like

Any idea when Google plans to officially move in?

Exterior work looks completely done.

9 Likes

What an improvement

4 Likes

Yeah that area was always depressing with a tiny sidewalk.

The West side highway should be turned into a park. It’s absurd to have a traffic-congested motorway along the beautiful Hudson waterfront.

1 Like

I hope the transformation can be completed like in this rendering.

7 Likes

Ideally they could bury the highway and build parks on top like Boston’s big dig. But the costs are probably prohibitive and there is already so much infrastructure underneath.

2 Likes

I don’t think that they even need the highway. They can limit it (at most) to a total of two lanes (one in each direction).

3 Likes