NEW YORK | 80 South St | 1,436 FT | 113 FLOORS

Wow, ok my mistake on floor count and the more I think about it the more that makes sense:

This would not be a 57th Street ultra-luxury even with its great height. Ceiling heights would probably not need to be as great.

1 Like

Also agreed! The rendering shows a series of very high mechanical and/or office floors near the low-mid section of the project, so there would definitely be 10-20 floors of “super” heights in this proposal, on top of a general floor height of what I would guess would be 12’ for residences & 10-11’ for the hotel. All in all, it could easily be 1,500’+.

6 Likes

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5ac99c1b697a9886599e0427/5b069e782b6a28e3e74e4fb3/5b06a0d6aa4a9937e4aee507/1527161054943/201608105004700286015.jpg?format=2500w
Higher quality
I counted 110 floors on this render not including the podium

9 Likes

Cute renders but does this really matter???
We know these won’t get built in its current form right?
There is no way Oceanwide will build it and it will probs switch hands and they will probs change plans.
Right?
Or am I missing something

5 Likes

Wow does this building dwarf 1 Seaport…
Feel bad for the N view owners in contract who are already going through the titling debacle, and probably now only realizing their coveted view may be blocked

2 Likes

One Seaport has no northern views. Its north face is a shear wall. 80 South Street has been in the works for a long, long time. They accounted for this.

1 Like

Yup I don’t know why everyone is getting so excited. These versions will almost certainly NOT be built. YIMBY uncovered what Oceanwide was planning on building when they were still in a good financial position. Which they no longer are. The site is currently being privately shopped around

4 Likes

I know hahahhah
You all know this won’t be built right???
I don’t wanna get excited over something that will not happen.
Cool renders but apart from that I don’t really see reason for excitement.

I’m feeling strong:
https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fboardofwisdom.com%2Fcachetogo%2Fimages%2Fquotes%2F263667.png
vibes hahahahahhah

1 Like

I thought these upper floor units faced North? On the backside of the building. Perhaps won’t be completely obstructed.
I don’t know if many buyers knew of the on going possibility of a supertall coming here, and I say that as someone who toured the sales gallery 2 years ago, and brokers said nothing about future obstructions.

3 Likes

This right here folks as RussHanneman stated.

Best prospects is for the site to be purchased, and the current plans occur. Assuming the market conditions are there, and whoever purchases this decides to go with the plans (which would cut costs in regards to design).

But time will tell as these designs or plans are not guaranteed, but in theory… could occur. This is kinda like NYC’s Chicago Spire moment. The location is prime, and if something akin to the renderings rise, it will positively alter this section of the skyline.

Let’s keep thy fingers crossed!

5 Likes

Reality is…this isn’t gonna happen anytime soon. In fact I’ll bet 2 WTC rises before this. Just too many things needs to be resolved in that area, especially given what’s tilting next door.

4 Likes

I despise the fact that 2WTC can be used as a unit of measurement when discussing how long it will take for something to go up. It’s gotten so silly at this point.

3 Likes

If it keeps up, it’ll replace the word “century”.

The revolutionary war occurred 3 “Two World trade centers” ago.

“One Seaport” might replace Millennia if it keeps up.

3 Likes

curious…

[…]
A source familiar with the property said the sales process is still ongoing.

It’s possible that China Oceanwide put debt on the property as a way to free up some cash through the proceeds of the loan.

2 Likes

$175M for this tower would get them a foundation and 10 floors. That’s not a construction loan.

2 Likes

as stated in the article, they might have chosen to take on debt so they can have cash available to spend elsewhere immediately. This is just another sign that Oceanwide is in trouble.

3 Likes

They should just sell this to Emaar properties, would love to see what the emiratis could do in NYC

2 Likes

80 South???

Looks like 600m+?

4 Likes

That’s a concept from sinaevart, not a real thing

2 Likes

Yeah I figured it would be to good to be true. I think I’d pass out if something like that was legit.

2 Likes