NEW YORK | 77 Greenwich Street | 503 FT | 40 FLOORS

This one is nearing completion; and much more of the facade (curtain wall) at street level is now visible. I finally got to see the facade while visiting downtown (the Regatta in BPC) this week: those panels look very nice. The are some sort of stone, and look very solid and substantial; not at all like the sheet metal panels we have seen on facade some new VE curtain walls. The is a chip off the bottom of one of the panels that confirm that this is a sold stone slab.

Tastefully done…

16 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Wfp1Rn9EZ/?igshid=1xhczrhp58h7d

12 Likes

13 Likes

12 Likes

18 Likes

I think that this looks great.

1 Like

6 Likes

What is with all of these new buildings and their ugly a** blank concrete walls?!

6 Likes

Cheap cheap.

1 Like

Is it certain that they won’t clad the currently blank wall?

1 Like

They definetely will clad that. I don’t know why people are acting like they’re gonna leave it like that

You can even see one of those rail things for mounting the platform to clad from

6 Likes

Well thank god for that then. Too many blank walls going up in the city.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it will most likely be clad in the same thin, stone tiles used for the base, which I’m no fan of. For both contextual and purely aesthetics reasons, I wish they had chosen more robust and traditional looking stonework. That said, I do think the glass on the western face is shaping up nicely.

edit: corrected for a missing article (‘the’)

6 Likes

Agreed. I still can’t tell for certain if they’re stone or ceramic, (and it probably doesn’t matter,) but they’re definitely too thin for this specific application. It makes them very prone to cracking and chipping, which they are doing quite a bit. I don’t see this façade aging well.

3 Likes

I will not be surprised if this building is cursed with sidewalk sheds forever because of that

2 Likes

Took these Saturday from 55 Broadway while working on the 24th floor

19 Likes

Those hideous garages must go!

4 Likes

Welcome back Frankie!

3 Likes

Credit: FC

8 Likes

10 Likes