NEW YORK | 77 Greenwich Street | 503 FT | 40 FLOORS

Great shot!

I hope that those heinous Battery garages are razed

1 Like

7 Likes

Great shot, Brome.

Do you have any recent photos of the demo at SL Green’s buildings on the West side of B’Way near Cortlandt St?

PS: That crappy garage must come down.

Who owns that garage? PA?

I think so. As seen from this aerial, it’s huge and heinous. Those garages should be razed, and the BBT should be decked over. That would make an amazing greenspace.

Furthermore, huge new schools could be built at the bases of new towers. These, together with the one that will be built at 77 Greenwich, could provide a new campus.

IMG_0116

6 Likes

From a few days ago

10 Likes

Nice shots, JC

1 Like

10 Likes

Great update, JC.

I urgently want that crappy garage across the street to come down too.

2 Likes

I feel like it’s only a matter of time, given the development of this street. No doubt there are people looking for space, and this one stands out as a huge potential site.

P.S. This building makes great use of this site. Looking forward to this!

4 Likes

From this morning :

14 Likes

new rendering from fxfowle. Looks like a bit of VE was done to the wavy western face. In this rendering it looks like they added fins to mimic that effect. 503’, 40 floors as per DOB filings.

7 Likes

It’s now a more exciting version of the Virgin Hotel.

1 Like

Hmmm. It looks the same to me, no? Just better rendering of the glass!

1 Like

Yeah it looks the same to me. Just different angle and of course rendering of the glass.

1 Like

I could be wrong, but to me it looks like there no longer is any gradient on the facade, and they added protruding glass fins to achieve a similar effect.

1 Like

Today

11 Likes

You really made rounds today!.. thanks for the great updates!!

5 Likes

I just realized something from a fairly dated picture of the Dickey House.

It’s just a frame basically but one thing caught my eye.

They left the A / C in the window.

http://www.ctbuh.org/Portals/0/Media/NewsArchive/2017/10%20-%20October/NYC-Greenwich.jpg

11 Likes