NEW YORK | 7 Platt Street | 464 FT | 37 FLOORS

another new sizable tower for downtown.

5 Likes

http://moinian.com/property/7-platt-street/

Combining the charisma of the Financial District with the modern-day vibe of Downtown, 7 Platt’s glass tower will rise 35 stories and feature 250 luxury rental residences. A product of Hill West and Rockwell Group, the same acclaimed team that designed, Sky, every space will be carefully designed and feature beautifully crafted materials. 7 Platt will feature unparalleled amenities such as an outdoor pool, virtual reality room, co-working lounge, and indoor-outdoor landscaped rooftop featuring a garden lounge, communal kitchen and more. 7 Platt’s entrance will located across from the newly renovated plaza, and just a short walk from Battery Park and the transformed Seaport District. Cutting-edge dining, shopping, & entertainment make the Seaport District one of NYC’s ultimate destinations. When exploring outside of the Financial District, its close proximity to the newly constructed Fulton Street Station and NYC Ferry make it effortless.

1 Like
3 Likes

This is a tough one to search on, because what it’s replacing is several through-block buildings with various addresses. I’ve found various articles that refer to it as 102 John, 110 John, 3 Platt, and 7 Platt.

Moinian also owns and runs 100 John immediately next door. (Which is also 90 John. 90 John is the address for the lobby serving the commercial floors in the lower half. 100 John is the address for the weird little lobby building serving the residential floors in the upper half of 90 John.) I won’t be surprised one bit if they join the old and new buildings somehow. They’ve already closed the 100 John entrance / lobby building to either demolish or renovate it, so I imagine that the two buildings will share a residential lobby somehow. They might even join the hallways of the upper floors. (It’s possible; I have no idea if that’s actually worth doing.)

Anyway, it looks like demolition is finally proceeding:

5 Likes

10 Likes

Little by little… progress.

9 Likes

Demolition is all but complete. Just debris to clear out it looks like.

3 Likes

hopefully this doesn’t become yet another empty financial district lot…

2 Likes

I hope that this nearby, terrible corner is redeveloped soon.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Huh. Interesting. I used to live in 100 John, which is next door and also a Moinian property. They tore down the 100 John residential entrance as part of demolition for this new project. It looks like they won’t be connecting these two buildings, at least not above the first floor. I wonder what they’re planning for the new residential entrance for 100 John.

Man… the west-facing windows on this new building will directly face a ton of windows at 100 John, and very closely. There will be a lot of people staring right into each other’s living rooms. I know that’s hardly uncommon in this city, but it’s not usually a curtain glass wall just 20 feet away.

2 Likes

No activity…

3 Likes

I think we can update this to active construction now.

6 Likes

7 Likes

13 Likes

8 Likes

Photos by Michael Young

Bye bye windows for the lower floors of the building on the adjacent lot

6 Likes

finally

11 Likes

15 Likes

The return of treebeard!

1 Like