NEW YORK | 5Pointz Towers (22-44 Jackson Ave) | 498 + 440 FT | 48 + 41 FLOORS

These pictures suggest the architecture of this development will be really boring. The old 5Pointz painted buildings look a lot better by comparison.

1 Like

r_170806421_beat0046_a by Mitch Waxman, on Flickr

r_170806334_beat0046_a by Mitch Waxman, on Flickr

10 Likes

201708009 New York City subway station 'Court Square' by taigatrommelchen, on Flickr

8 Likes
6 Likes

Earlier this week

7 Likes

Thursday

8 Likes

r_171003029_beat0062_a by Mitch Waxman, on Flickr

r_171001316_kosboom_a by Mitch Waxman, on Flickr

8 Likes

2 days ago. The facade looks pretty good so far. Just depends how the glass will look.

7 Likes

It all looks mundane and boring to me. Not much beauty here at all. Even if the glass is ok I can’t see this being an architectural gem or even close to one.

Yeah it’s pretty terrible. It now blocks the views of the ESB when looking down Queens Blvd.

Wonder why they did’nt play off of the 5Pointz history.

They apparently do on the inside with graffiti-like decorative stuff. And there were reports before the graffiti was demolished that an area for street artists would be created, but on the side away from a view when riding on the 7 train’s elevated tracks. In any case, the basic design of the buildings pays no homage to the site’s history. I agree that is unfortunate.

What a collosal waste IMO.
If they were going to get rid of 5pointz at least replace it with something that is just as visually interesting.
Not a boring, dull, sleep inducing medium sized tower
Depressing
:-1:

1 Like

great filler and much needed housing, more developments like this are needed especially outside of manhattan…can’t believe people are worried about site lines (from queens, from queens carl!)

but soon even this will be dwarfed by countless other more worthy towers, the sooner the better

2 Likes

Yeah but not affordable housing. The pricing in LIC has become ridiculous with no oversight whatsoever. I’m all for development but theres been no consideration for infrastructure.

1 Like

housing is housing, it all sorts itself out at the end if there’s enough
so before worrying how it gets sorted out I’d first worry about building enough stock to have something to sort out

1 Like

Tectonic

12 Likes

Credit: Randy Gregory II

7 Likes

7 Likes

Pic by me. Taken today.

6 Likes