NEW YORK | 43-30 24th Street | 754 FT | 70 FLOORS

What???

Baronson linked this thread in response to you posting a yimby article about it in the other thread, because they aren’t the same project.

1 Like
3 Likes
9 Likes

Nice to see another 700 fter go up in Queens. The more the merrier!

6 Likes
4 Likes

15 Likes

Highburyconcreteinc

15 Likes

According to the Instagram post above, this tower is 769 feet

4 Likes

Starting to rise!

HighburyConstruction

16 Likes

This tower is a floor above the tracks now. It’s immense and will add a lot of bulk to the skyline. I tried taking pics a few weeks back but it’s difficult to fit in frame.

6 Likes

Just a casual 770 ft building going up!

Love this project, the design isn’t all that interesting but love all the units

3 Likes

Me too. I fall in love with the thought that LIC and Downtown BL are both becoming “mini Manhattan offshoots”. I wonder what other neighborhood(s) could be built up the way these two areas are being built?

3 Likes

Bronx near Harlem? Red Hook (especially going for a Miami esque condo on the water thing)? Idk. DTBK and LIC are both pretty central to their boroughs.

But outside of NYC, JC is popping off

1 Like

Hmm, about red hook, nobody really wants to develop that area because it’s too distant. Probably Jamaica Queens would be the next hub. It’s already being developed. Plus all the Queens courts and crap are over there.

Yes to Mott Haven.

1 Like

Here’s the pics from 2 weeks ago from my phone. It will be easier to shoot as it rises. But it now extends the entire block.

It’s kinda cool seeing buildings this close to the elevated line as it reminds me of Chicago.

16 Likes

Screenshots from HighBuryConcrete

12 Likes

From today with the cell:

I also took a video from the train to give a sense of the sheer width of this tower and converted to a gif. Unfortunately it’s too large to upload here so I put it on Imgur, which also does not embed correctly in our forum. Lol I tried.

https://imgur.com/a/1sgDXF3

16 Likes

Well the podium does span the whole block, but the tower itself, though still very wide, does not occupy the whole length of the podium, so it won’t be as wide, maybe about 2/3rd the width.

1 Like

True and with this tower’s location between the 7 train, Skyline Tower, and a narrow 24th Street, the ground level experience for pedestrians will be imposing because of the full block podium occupation.

4 Likes