NEW YORK | 378 West End Avenue | TBD | TBD

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwVS-DLHtvM/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

2 Likes

Is there a thread for this somewhere else?

4 Likes

maybe. I remember this has been in the works for some time.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem familiar but it looks awesome.

1 Like

Yea I remember seeing this a long time ago but CookFox just posted about it.

1 Like

Might of been in the low rise thread. I checked, and we don’t have a dedicated thread using multiple addresses or key words pertaining to it.

2 Likes

Should this be in the low rise thread then?

I think it’s a super interesting standout.

1 Like

This is the Collegiate School redevelopment. It was announced years ago, but their new school just opened this year, and construction on the replacement condo followed.

1 Like

Hmmm… so why did CookFox just post to their Instagram today…

“This rendering of 378 West End Avenue depicts the building as it will appear from the sidewalk"?

1 Like

I don’t understand the question. These renderings have been available for years. They were published in the Times years ago.

This whole project went through the torturous and very public Landmarks approval process years ago.

Here’s a NY YIMBY article, including renderings, from back in 2015:

1 Like

CookFox posted about this on their IG account yesterday as well as back in January.

Makes me think things are being set in motion since it’s not featured anywhere else on their IG feed.

It might just optimism on my part tough.

Looks like demo has started.

3 Likes

nice to see that the old building will get fixed up with a replacement balcony and cornice. knowing NYCs zoning its probably considered overbuilt haha

Yesterday

5 Likes

Today

5 Likes

Today. This is going to be beautiful.

They added another floor since last week.

9 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/market-insight/features/future-nyc/378-west-end-gears-up-launch-sales-uws-condos-pandemic-proof-features/49204

City Realty photos:

3 Likes

Tec

10 Likes