NEW YORK | 350 Park Avenue | 1,600 FT | 70 FLOORS

More looks

10 Likes

I really like the angle where 1VB and this tower form some sort of super structure. 3rd pic.

8 Likes

Well we got our fill of thin, spire towers. The next wave will be all thicc boys.

7 Likes

All a matter of perspective. 41k trading floors are nothing. Bank of America tower’s trading floors are twice that. At the same height Sears/Willis has about 3 times the floor space (on 40 more floors). If this were really thick it wouldn’t have an exposed core, but all that said it’s still badass.

This competes directly with macklowes tower and I doubt the market for $200/sf office space could support both…but I’ve certainly been wrong before…

2 Likes

Its a beautiful design but I’m really curious as to how the view from the west will look. Thats a massive building and we all know how important the view from New Jersey is in framing the skyline.

5 Likes

It looks like it would be better off in San Francisco.

1 Like

I really hope that this gets built. There’s speculation that KPMG, which anchors Rudin’s 345 Park, might anchor this.

2 Likes

Hmm, i just noticed that the footprint doesnt seem to include the Blackrock building, you can still see it in some of the renderings

1 Like

That can’t be true because the brochure says it’s a project by Rudin and Vornado.

1 Like

Yea I was thrown off by this at first, but its an illusion. The part of the building closest to Park Ave at ground level is set back so it looks almost like there’s just a very large amount of sidewalk space. Its not illustrative of the overhang that begins on the second floor. Notice how the part of the building facing park ave appears flat in the top image when you can see the second floor jut out above for the larger office plates

11 Likes

An actual render of the tower I made

21 Likes

20 Likes

Awesome work, Tom!

3 Likes

This image makes it look almost smaller than 432 park. Won’t this be almost 100 feet taller than it?

Also good renders Thomas! Keep em coming :wink:

7 Likes

Agreed, I thought that was a funky rendering.

its only like 50 feet taller but yeah the rendering is a bit funky

Agreed. If Citigroup Center is 915 feet, then this render shows a roof height of around 1,100 feet or so.

I think this tower is 1,350’ to the roof as per the brochure.

this will materialize sooner than we think. I suspect this could be a move to liquidate capital for the redevelopment.

6 Likes

what a crime it was making tower verre get a height cut, and just before the start of the current boom

these pictures make it so obvious,

daanmnn, tower verre is just inches taller than 425 park, I always thought it was so much taller and the latter just a stumpy little thing, just noticed

thanks to these eyeopening comparisons…as they say “contex’s a bitch”

4 Likes