NEW YORK | 300 West 30th Street | 170 FT | 16 FLOORS

yesterday:

6 Likes

Thanks for adding this. I had been wondering what was going on here since they boarded up that corner building a couple years ago.

1 Like
3 Likes

earlier today

2 Likes

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/market-insight/features/future-nyc/eighth-avenue-south-penn-station-prepares-wave-towers-farley-post-office-redevelopment-set-2021-completion/42721

2 Likes

There is now three distinct categories of Architectural Design as my novice understanding of this subject grows and matures and become increasingly informed by this fantastic forum. ONE is ‘building standard’ , the other is ‘generic design’ and the third is ‘something special’ design. This new building rises above the most basic ‘boring’ level of architectural design; it is better than ‘building standard’ - but still only rates “generic design”. I am seeing an unfortunate trend where as ‘high end’ or ‘luxury’ condo or commercial buildings developers are playing-it-safe and doing mostly ‘generic design’ lately: they look attractive, modern, slick - but still a bit LEGO. I don’t blame the architects - or developers - for this apparent increase in generic architectural design; it is probably due to the excessively difficult process of getting things built/approved in NYC - and the abysmal state of our local construction industry. The last bit I know quite a lot about: the operational efficiency, methodology, and capability of the construction industry is lacking in the USA compared to most modern industrial countries - that is a FACT. Why that is a fact: I don’t know exactly.

1 Like

I think it’s also the glut of superluxury and they realize the demand is for more entry level type luxury. They’re playing it safe and cutting corners as they can.

2 Likes

Yes, the softened demand, and resulting downward pressure on pricing, has led to a more ‘frugal’ approach to real estate developemt: particularly in the luxury condo market. When the going get tuff - the tuff start Value Engineering. You got that right Stache.

Yesterday

2 Likes

It’s too bad that the developer couldn’t acquire that hideous trash next to this project.

5 Likes

Can we merge this with 393 8th ave. I think we have 2 threads.

2 Likes

earlier today

4 Likes

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/market-insight/features/future-nyc/eighth-avenue-south-penn-station-prepares-wave-towers-farley-post-office-redevelopment-set-2021-completion/42721

2 Likes

The filthy garbage on the rest of the block should come down too, as should that disgusting housing project. Sadly, however, housing for the poor is sacrosanct in NYC and that filthy pile won’t come down.

1 Like

Two blocks from Penn Station and we’re building 10 story buildings. This city has lost its way.

3 Likes

Yesterday

2 Likes

Under construction.

5 Likes

merged/

1 Like

I agree but this is not perceived as a desirable area.

1 Like