NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

Taking down the platform on the Madison side.

20 Likes

That is a great capture/ detail! It could mean cladding is imminent. Clip installation is on the 8th floor so it’s definitely picking up pace quickly.

8 Likes

Hey, everyone it’s been a while since I’ve commented. I was working in Los Angeles (Inuit Dome) and Miami on projects for my company. You are correct my good man. According to the plan cladding should start in the next two-three weeks. On a side note this job site is on my top three biggest projects (behind WTC & HY) I’ve worked on. It’s crazy how dense this building is so far and we haven’t even landed on the second setback yet. The first two setbacks are the biggest and then it gets somewhat smaller on the rest. Should top out sometime in Mid-late August or early September if everything goes according to plan.

24 Likes

Thanks for the update :+1: If the cladding plan is current, then I imagine that panels will start arriving en masse soon, so everyone watch the streets lol.

The volume of all 3 upper tiers can actually fit in the 2nd tier with a lot of spare room and even the 2nd tier can fit within the 1st tier not including the tabletop. I can definitely see an Aug/Sept topping out if that’s the plan, if there’s no long delays I think that’s very well possible.

6 Likes

Great update

24 Likes

This one is a game changer in its own way.

3 Likes

@bertgonzalesjr on Instagram
Love how Manhattan West looks here too

22 Likes

Nice! I think that’s officially the first time we have seen it on the skyline from that angle.

It already looks so incredibly thick.

3 Likes

J Lo/Kim K

3 Likes

A nice webcam shot from yesterday.

7 Likes

20 Likes

It also looks as if another crane jump is imminent

2 Likes

I’m trying to find more news and renderings of the Madison Avenue plaza and water features. This firm, which does amazing work, sadly provides no information. There are links to all of its projects except for 270 Park.

http://kensmithworkshop.com/work.html

You should honestly stop because you won’t find anything. The nature of this building is sensitive and firms/developers/owners dont always publish all information or renders about a project, especially when the building is privately owned. Thats why the only information and renders about the Madison Ave plaza have been leaked and not publicly released but for the actual publicly released images and info. There are a lot of NDA’s surrounding this building.

Just wait for it and be impressed, you’re trying too hard to get a nothing. :+1:

1 Like

Well, while there is no info about 270 Park, I found great info about other NYC projects:
http://kensmithworkshop.com/astoria-cove.html

1 Like

The amount of secrecy around this project is embarrassing. Small men trying to pretend they are important. This is a publicly traded, well-known company, and yet they act as though they’re building the next CIA headquarters. Nothing is actually sensitive about this building, more so than any other office in midtown. It still shocks me how they managed to start above grade construction without a full render on the posted notices unlike just about any other building in the city.

Goldman Sachs pulled the same BS when they built their unlabeled 200 West and it’s just as obnoxious now as it was then.

This is a new landmark which will look great, they should just be open about it and proud.

11 Likes

I couldn’t agree more, the unnecessary secrecy with all these NDAs is beyond ridiculous.

1 Like

I’m not really supposed to share, but I hear all the crypto is being stored in quantum lock-box disguised as a water cooler on the 2nd floor. The HVAC is insane.

https://www.jdpmechanical.com/270-park-avenue

11 Likes

This is gonna look impressive from One Vanderbilt within the next year

11 Likes