NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

Happy New Year to you as well!! :smiley:

3 Likes

@NewYorkCity76 :+1:

Ok guys, let me know how you like the new graph, whether it’s hard to read or there’s too much going on, I tried to put both the graph and render together to kind of show a more cohesive understanding of how the dates go with the building construction, but I can always change it back to the separate graph and render. Also if yall prefer the line graph or original bar graph.

Side note - floors/dates are corresponding to the respective line below them.

Building is still around 635’ tall at the present moment.

19 Likes

I’m curious how large the trading floors are towards the base. I know this building has an unusual geometry, but is it roughly 250 x 170? That would be my guess.

3 Likes

The lower most trade floor above the tabletop is 367’ at it’s longest and 200’ at it’s widest (measured from the exterior and also the widest and longest parts of the whole building) and is about 63,500 gross sqft.

3 Likes

So larger than the football field I’m looking at on TV! Thanks

1 Like

Thanks TKDV, this is perfect. Everything needed in one, even the mechanical floors.

2 Likes

Great graphic, TDVk. How long do you think it will be until the next setback is reached? Two months?

3 Likes

The man is back!

3 Likes

And amazing work!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone :+1: If you have any feedback about the graph/info, or have any questions I’m more than happy to make changes or answer the questions to the best of my ability.

@robertwalpole, based on the timeframe of how much of the current tier has been built compared to the rest that is still left, I suspect it will be reached sometime in March at the earliest. There is a minor mech/outrigger floor coming up one floor from the current construction and they have been spanning over a month, so I suspect that it will also take about a month or so. Let’s just say the floors following that start in February, about 4 floors per month, 8 floors left after the mech floor, so end of March, beginning of April for the next setback/tier.

This of course all depends on other schedules and contingencies and the overall daily pace of construction.

7 Likes

Thanks, TDVk

2 Likes

Just an idea but…what do you think about incorporating the timeline as a bar graph into the massing in place of the facade pattern? Maybe it would compress the info too much but I’m thinking that you could maybe lose the foundation part of the graph and just focus on the above ground progress? Anyhow just a suggestion to marry the two for a more unified visual.

1 Like

Nice!!

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm4VH_luQUk/

13 Likes

270 Park compared

5 Likes

Interesting selection of buildings to compare.

Seeing 1 WTC and 270 together is always interesting since 1 WTC is 1 million sqft bigger. The amount of massing dedicated to mechanical floors/outrigger space is astonishing on this building.

5 Likes

The small one there is only because is shares a name.

270 Park is the tallest building under construction in the US.
1 WTC is the tallest building in the US
And Merdeka 118 is the tallest building under construction in the world

That’s why I compared them

3 Likes

Ah, that makes sense. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Layman’s questions:

Outriggers has to do with support and stability of the structure, which is built above tracks, correct?

Do you think the large amount of mechanical space in this building is mostly related to banking functions (power/computer backup and security)? Or did they just concentrate all the mechanical stuff to have more clean open spaces in the non-mechanical parts of the building?

5 Likes

Very informative! At the current rate, it should be possible for this to reach the top by the end of the year (especially if it takes less time to build the higher levels) :partying_face: At least we know the cladding will be SOMETIME this year :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

2 Likes