NEW YORK | 215 Pearl St (Courtyard & Residence Inn) | 396 FT | 39 FLOORS

Some of it is — some of its kind of an enigma … I’ve walked by it and still not been able to tell. That vast mid section is definetely brick

3 Likes

The lower part, yes. It’s… not awful. The design is plain, but at least it’s real brick (or real brick veneer panels, I couldn’t tell, since they shrouded the scaffolding while they did it).

As bpc said, who the fudge knows what’s going on with the top part. It’s clearly not done. I have no idea what kind of material that will be.

2 Likes

Thanks, BPC and Brome. This looks better than I expected.

3 Likes

The entrance is looking a little more finished.

10 Likes

I’d live to see this PoS located nearby at 125 Maiden come down.

4 Likes

nice update

that brick facade looks like it was borrowed from New York, New York in Las Vegas

1 Like

It’s still much better than I had feared.

Finally, some façade panels on the top section:

9 Likes

This looks close to opening now.

6 Likes

That sliver of the base looks good!

2 Likes

Looks like a prison. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

This appears to be 99% done.

9 Likes

I thought that this was going to be a lot worse. I can live with this.

3 Likes

10 Likes

It’s not often you see a brand-new building with an elevator that opens directly to the sidewalk (see bottom-left of this photo):

I assume what happened is they decided to elevate the lobby so far above street level due to flooding concerns. (This street did see serious flooding during Hurricane Sandy.) But they needed to make the entrance accessible. I feel like they could have added a ramp pretty easily. But I guess they decided to do an elevator instead.

10 Likes
3 Likes

Stache has it right. Above the podium it does like a prison–askew at that. Perhaps it speaks to the troubled prison culture we now live in.

1 Like
3 Likes