NEW YORK | 200 Greenwich St (2WTC) | 1,348 FT | 88 FLOORS | ON HOLD

Nothing’s official until it’s official. Until we get a press release we’re all still just speculating.

1 Like

Could you please attribute the photo to me, or link my Flickr, or NOT crop my watermark from the bottom-right of the photo?

I like your renderings but come on man.

baronsonphoto-20211217-006.jpg by Brian Aronson, on Flickr

10 Likes

When I use the photoshop feature on my iPad, I have to crop some of the edges of the photo. I think people are on this page are well aware of your incredible photos. I would never try to attribute anything to myself apart from the work I have done in adding the renderings.

Yeah, the problem becomes when your images are then lifted and then shared to other forums or places on the Internet. Who likely gets credit?

It’s a small ask considering I spent about 3 hours commuting to and from this location in the cold. I’m not asking for money, just attribution. It’s also the Creative Commons license I got on each photo.

8 Likes

I understand. I wouldn’t want anything negative from this forum. I just like working on models and renders for new development.

4 Likes

You both do an amazing job and are great contributors.

7 Likes

When I crop the photos to add renders, I often lose track of the original source… I do a lot of renders, and I can’t remember the source for each picture. Please know that by posting my renders I am not trying to take credit for also taking the picture.

2 Likes

Your intent doesn’t matter. When your images appear in a google search, they appear without context — if you don’t attribute authorship either in your post or in a watermark, the searcher will usually assume the whole thing is your work.

Being a good community member is about more than posting a bunch of photoshops. Proper attribution isn’t a lot to ask.

11 Likes

There’s more variations of that 2005 line up as well.

Gotta take into account the stripped down designs of 1, 2, and 3

Do you have a top-down view of your WTC model? I need to update mine :joy:

15 Likes

Your models make me like this tower in spite of myself. I really hope it’s this… massive lol. I just want the hulking silhouette / presence back of the twins.

4 Likes

Red is the old Foster design, green is the new design. Looks a bit slimmed down on the north and south sides

3 Likes

This design really works if it is taller than One WTC.

2 Likes

A little off-topic but someone posted this article on SSP regarding 2WTC, and could this be a reason why Tower 1 and 4 were the first ones to rise?

3 Likes

Yes, because the port authority only wanted to build 1 & 4 and they issued bonds to finance the initial construction so that the developers wouldn’t need anchor tenants. They didn’t issue any bonds for 2 & 3, hence Silverstein had to fight those battles on their own. PA and Larry haven’t really gotten along very well… before 9/11 Silverstein was gonna control the place pretty much independently, now the PA is very hands-on with everything.

3 Likes

Ah, that makes sense now. That’s why both towers 1 and 4 went up quickly.

Sorry for being off-topic again, but it’s funny because tower 7 was the first tower in the WTC to be completed and yet it didn’t have any drawbacks or delays, and Larry is the owner of the tower.

As for tower 2, I hope it’ll at least rise by the year 2030.

1 Like

I hope that 2 WTC is basically (if not altogether) finished by the 25th Anniversary of 9/11, and I hope that Mr. Silverstein is around to enjoy it.

Since the foundations already exist, it could go vertical this year if it’s financed.

5 Likes

not sure if that is likely. I think they wanted to move forward with 5 WTC first.

2 Likes

no it couldnt.

just getting the material ordered would take the rest of the year if they had drawings developed enough to do that today. they dont.

4-6 months of design development, 3 months of procurement process, 6 months of material procurement, 6 months of steel fabrication. 18-24 months before anything happens structurally, assuming they are ready to say go today, which they are not.

20-24 months of structural work and another 24 months of enclosure and fit out work. See you in 2028-9.

16 Likes