NEW YORK | 200 Greenwich St (2WTC) | 1,348 FT | 88 FLOORS | ON HOLD

Is that my rendering @robertwalpole , it’s ok, you can use it, just make sure to leave my credit, even though it’s in the photo

Hi, Tom. I thought that was the Dbox rendering, then I realized that you added the PA Center .

This building is so amazing. The way it cantilevers on the north facade in parallel with each setback on the east facade is unique and beautiful. The leaning effect against 1 WTC is very cool. Once this has been built, it will be one of NY’s many icons.

From the street it will return the grandiose scale that was the WTC complex. Might even make 1 WTC look tiny in terms of its bulk.

Between the stunning memorial and the utter landmark Calatrava station, this will be the ultimate setting for Fox programming. I think it will be better than NBC’s setting in Rickeffeler Center or ABC’s in Times Sq.

I agree, Robert!

Rockefeller Center is so 20th century, and while I love Times Square, I think this will be the ultimate setting!

You must see this site in person, Lion. It’s stunning.

1 Like

I know, I know!

I’m thinking next year might be THE YEAR I finally visit my Mecca!

1 Like

Its a requirement for every American to visit. If you can’t, I will personally fly you here. We must share the love. :slight_smile:

2WTC will fill that gap of sky that can be seen from the ESB looking down toward 1WTC. I personally think the bulk of this will be the key feature. Grandiose tower, on the level of Met Life Building, only much nicer.

When we consider the scale, the WTC complex has more sq footage than most downtowns.

Lower Manhattan is third in the nation with regard to sq footage after Midtown and Chicago’s Loop.

Manhattan overall is home to 520 million square feet of office space. That is mind bottling. Truly the world capital.

I can’t wait til GE comes back! And more companies are sure to follow! (Look at Cadillac leaving Detroit for NYC!)

1 Like

Interesting idea. Never thought about GE leaving. It would be nice to have them. High paying jobs for the tri-state area is always a plus. Much better than Detroit. They could and would have better publicity here, and with the wealth of connections here, sell their products much better. Hell, even attract better talent as most would not want to be in Detroit period.

Supposedly, GE is interested in moving its HQ back to NYC from suburban Connecticut.

P.S.: The Atlanta option has been ruled out.

BLOGS › GREG DAVID ON NEW YORK
November 1, 2015

GREG DAVID ON NY

GE eyes NY, but guv-mayor feud stands in way
The decision between Westchester or Manhattan could hinge on whether the two politicians can work together.
Greg David By Greg David
1 Comment Comments Email
7 11 0
After Connecticut decided to raise taxes on large multinational companies, General Electric announced this year that it would explore moving its headquarters from Fairfield County. Gov. Andrew Cuomo rushed to GE’s offices to interest it in relocating to Westchester County, with the implicit promise of big tax breaks.

It turns out that the northern suburbs are not what GE wants. Politico New York reported last week that GE is interested in moving to the city—almost certainly to Manhattan. Suburban office parks are out; urban centers are in, which is the major reason New Jersey’s economy is doing so poorly.

What would be shocking is whether the governor and Mayor Bill de Blasio team up to lure GE back to the place it abandoned in 1975. The difficulties begin with the endless feud between the governor and the mayor. I doubt Cuomo will want to share the credit with his rival, which would be necessary if GE moves to Manhattan.

Politically, the governor also needs some sort of economic boost for the northern suburbs, where job growth has been anemic for years and where the Westchester office vacancy rate is 15%, compared with 9% in Manhattan. Cuomo will pay a political price soon for focusing on upstate and spending so much money there (at least $2 billion, including $750 million to a single solar-panel plant) while the suburbs stagnate.

Then there is de Blasio’s problem with incentives, which will be required for GE because the company will be offered sizable tax breaks to stay in Connecticut or go to Westchester or Atlanta, where it has looked at its options.

But consider the JPMorgan Chase fiasco. When the bank sought $1 billion in concessions to move its operations to two new office towers at Hudson Yards, it was vilified, including by Deputy Mayor Alicia Glen. (It was always unclear if Chase wanted $1 billion in total or $1 billion in addition to the $600 million it was entitled.)

It isn’t clear how many of the 800 Fairfield jobs GE would move, although it might also want to bring along some of its tech businesses from other locations, given the growth of that sector in New York. Many will argue that winning the GE relocation battle isn’t worth the cost and will set a bad precedent. The coming months should tell us how much GE is worth to the mayor and the governor.

3 Likes

Made myself

2 Likes

Nice!

Thanks for posting that article, Robert.

On the heels of the JPMorgan Chase and DraftKings/FanDuel fiascos, we really need GE.

My pleasure, Lion. I am quite sure that JPMC will build a new HQ in Manhattan. I would not be surprised if it’s at Tishman’s site.

5 Likes

Those images have been on BIG’s website, though they now depict lighting on the setbacks’ gardens.

Some of The wangs on SSP think the height has been cut by nearly 300’. Of course, they’re morons.

Looks like it got another height cut