NEW YORK | 200 East 59th St | 490 FT | 35 FLOORS

I like it :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Nice building weird location.

3 Likes

It looks like maybe no screen hopefully? Glass looks ok.

7 Likes

It would be great if that idiotic screen is eliminated.

1 Like

I’m keeping my fingers crossed. This would be a very welcome instance of value engineering.

1 Like

I can not believe that I am seeing this tower for the first time; need to visit YIMBY more often - I am late to the party on seeing this lovely tower. The fact that this building has plenty of masonry, and good proportions is one reason to like the look; but I mostly like the affect of the wrap-around terraces - they add a visual softness/texture to the overall appearance of the building. I like the basket weave facade at the base too: a very artful and intricate look to meet the viewers eye at street level. This is well done: in terms of the aesthetics, I would definitely say this a ‘good design’ . In terms of the functional aspects of the structure; I can only assume that was well done too…

5 Likes

earlier today

8 Likes

Do you think that they’re foregoing that heinous screen? I really hope so.

1 Like

what screen you keep talkin about??

great building, and a great way to do balconies (which are an asset in my book)

1 Like

This heinous thing.

2 Likes

oh yes indeed!

2 Likes

With the sidewalk shed already gone and the streets finished up I’d assume work is completed on this building — they wouldn’t pack up the job site and then set up again

2 Likes

Praise the Lord!

Given the trend for stores to shrink their footprint and capitalize on real estate, I’d like to see a Bloomingdales raze the Eastern portion of the building. It’s an eyesore.

2 Likes

^^^ It’s screaming for an update or redevelopment lol

1 Like

It will be purchased by WeWork, no doubt about it.

1 Like

Pics by me. Taken today.

I’ll move this to complete. I spotted some occupancy. Surprisingly, the glass is damn transparent from my angle (like you actually see people inside living their lives, so probally not wise to walk around nude). I wonder who has the pent house, which looks like two levels, as it has a spiral staircase on the outside. Very nice!!!

4 Likes

Did they, in fact, refrain from adding that horrible basket weave facade from the ground floor?

1 Like

Oh they have it or what looks like the beginning stages. Here’s another pic.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update even though it’s bad news about this absurd screen.

1 Like

Unique views there Chris! Those upper floors look nice too.

I still can’t see the street level basket weave screen from your second shot though and I walked past a couple weeks ago and it was all glass. I think they abandoned that basket weave thing.

1 Like