NEW YORK | 11 Hoyt Street | 620 FT | 52 FLOORS

This particular photo is a perfect visual reference on the beauty of that building facade: the protruding facade sections look like gentle ripples on the surface of the water. Thats what it reminds me of; it is a very soothing and attractive motif. Then again: maybe I am just tripping a bit much on the comparison… LOL

3 Likes

I’m largely indifferent to this building, which is more than I can say for most of the towers that have gone up in downtown Brooklyn over the past decade! In fact, anything that gets built without PTACs, exposed mechanical bulkheads, blank walls, and cheap glass I count as a victory. So in the end this gets a thumbs up from me.

6 Likes

I really like the look as well, but as someone else mentioned here or somewhere else, I wonder how the facade will age. You already see it getting a bit dirty so maintenance will be key. Certainly changes the feel of the surrounding area and it’s a statement to what’s to come. I really like this, One Clinton, and 211 Schermerhorn

2 Likes

Yeah it’s done. Thomas I think that’s it and the location.? Nice facade wrong location.

2 Likes

Yes. In NYC it always seems like the architect wanted to do more but was limited…by cost.

1 Like

NYC is not just any US city.

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1obB8qJb-A/?igshid=hzjyok900ab

12 Likes

The top is like black… vents? I’m not sure if this will light up. I can’t tell what the material is.

11 Likes

I hope the crown lights up.

10 Likes

11 Hoyt views.

11 Likes

I think that the flare details create horizontal lines and make the facade read as a patchwork. It just doesn’t look cohesive to me - not as organic as Studio Gang usually is. Too bad because I really wanted to like this one.

7 Likes

The horizontal lines aren’t as accentuated as much from this angle

13 Likes

I wasn’t crazy about this one in person but it sure beats that old parking structure!

2 Likes

When I put on my ‘tunnel vision’ and see only one section like this : it looks fantastic. The building as a whole may not be as attractive or “cohesive” - but any artful feature wins my approval of the entire structure… I am Architecturally easy to please… :star_struck:

1 Like

Very handsome!
Can’t wait to see this and 211 Schermerhorn completed.

2 Likes

Credit: Michael Young

11 Likes

Credit: Michael Young

11 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4qob_lgUP7/?igshid=1ubnqpe91qo62

14 Likes

Taken 12.31.19:

10 Likes

today from New York Yimby

12 Likes