NEW JERSEY | LOW-RISE / GENERAL Development News + Construction

Same. I especially hate how half the seats on the multilevels face the opposite direction the train is travelling. I explicitly avoid those seats whenever I have to ride those trains.

Plus the MultiLevels are absolutely ugly. A stark contrast to California’s double deck Stadler sets which are sleek and stylish.

1 Like

This is welcoming news. Replace the decrepit bridge and give more money to NJ Transit.

6 Likes

The article makes a good point that the new NJ Transportation Commissioner’s entire career has been in highway construction. That raises concerns about systemic bias towards more detrimental highway construction.

3 Likes
4 Likes

“Just one more lane bro.”
Another portion of the NJ Turnpike is to be widened in the name of “easing congestion.”
Widening lanes has been statistically proven to not fix traffic. Give it some time and it’ll be clogged up due to induced demand.

3 Likes

That’s great news and is long overdue.

It’s kind of annoying that it’s only two lanes in each direction in south Jersey, especially as that’s the main route between NY/NJ and the Baltimore/Washington area and is a very busy freight corridor.

I don’t think this is comparable to the proposed New Jersey Turnpike extension in Jersey City, which passes through an urban area and is parallel to high-frequency mass-transit routes.

1 Like