MIAMI | Waldorf Astoria Hotel & Residences Miami | 1,049 FT | 93 FLOORS

PMG Applies To Build 1,049-Foot Skyscraper On Empire World Towers Site

PMG’s plan for the Empire World Towers Site call for a high rise that could be taller than the previous proposal for the site.

The developer has filed plans with the FAA to build a 1,041-foot (1,049 feet above sea level) tower at the site where Empire World Towers was once proposed. An additional two residential towers could also be coming to the site, behind the 1,049-foor tower (see below).

If approved at that height, it could become the tallest building in Miami, surpassing One Brickell City Centre by a foot. Both towers are proposed to reach 1,049 feet above sea level, but differences in elevation at the two sites means that PMG’s tower would be an extra foot above ground.

In 2008, the FAA approved Empire World Towers to be built at a height of 988 feet above ground, or 1,000 feet above sea level. That was reduced slightly from the 998-foot height that the developers had requested.

Next to the Empire World Towers site, a separate developer is working on plans for another tall tower called World Trade Center Of The Americas. That building is proposed to reach 953-feet above ground.

Update: According to an anonymous tipster, the 1,049-foot PMG tower will be directly on Biscayne Boulevard, next to the WTC tower (on the part of the property with a vacant 11-story office building and parking lot). On on acre behind those buildings, another two luxury multifamily towers are planned.

PMG will also be modifying the existing Empire World Towers MUSP, allowing for more lenient setback requirements than the neighboring WTC will be subject to.

3 Likes

300 Biscayne Boulevard Way Sales Center Under Construction

Construction is underway on a sales center for 300 Biscayne Boulevard Way.

The new office will include 1,116 square feet of space, according to the construction permit. The cost of construction is estimated to be $820,804.

HCD Developers is listed as the contractor.

1 Like

Sales Center for 300 Biscayne u/c.

Note, the sales center. Not the tower itself. That will follow, and is part of a slew of 300m+ towers for the city.

Credit: NXT

2 Likes

http://www.thenextmiami.com/300-biscayne-will-launch-sales-2017-2018-deepak-chopra-supervising-wellness/

1 Like

I think this tower has the best chance of rising. More so than Bayfront Plaza. Although Bayfront will start, tentatively in 2019, given the long period (stemming since before 2010), I’m not too optimistic about that one.

1 Like

Sneak Peek: Sales Center For 300 Biscayne, Miami’s Next Tallest

A sales center is under construction at the site where the 300 Biscayne supertall tower is planned.

The proposed 88-story tower is set to become the tallest in Florida, at 1,049 feet above sea level and 1,041 feet above ground.

It will include a five-star hotel, luxury condos, and a wellness spa that is only the second if its kind, according to a teaser website owned by the developers.

The design of the sales center itself is said to be unique, with 20,000 square feet of high-tech features never before seen in the market.

PMG and Greybrook Capital are the developers.

5 Likes

Wow!

I hope that it gets built.

I hope so too, along with the proposed Miami ITC supertall next door.

4 Likes

Miami has broken my trust, I’ll believe it when I see it

3 Likes

@robertitoam This can’t be stated enough!!

1 Like

I agree,

1 Like

It’s a joke, so many proposals, nothing gets done. I realize the luck we have with New York.
Unlike floridians New Yorkers get it it done!
:+1:

2 Likes

Credit: NXT

PMG to build Waldorf Astoria tower in downtown Miami

The Waldorf Astoria is coming to downtown Miami.

New York-based Property Markets Group signed a contract with the landmark hotel flag to build a Waldorf Astoria hotel-condo tower at 300 Biscayne Boulevard. The skyscraper, designed by Miami-based Sieger Suarez Architects as a stack of glass cubes, is projected to reach a total sellout of more than $1 billion, developer Ryan Shear told Bloomberg.

PMG has delayed launching the condo project due to the slowdown in luxury sales, and won’t be opening a sales office until the market improves, Shear said. The 1,049-foot tower will include a 140-key hotel and about 400 condo units.

The development will mark the first in Miami for Waldorf, which is owned by Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. In addition to its flagship hotel in Manhattan, Hilton has opened Waldorfs in Amsterdam, Dubai, Shanghai and other cities, according to Bloomberg.

It’s also another example of developers using high-end brands to sell condos. Nearby in downtown Miami, German Coto’s G&G Business Developments is building the Aston Martin Residences. There’s also Armani/Casa Residences and Porsche Design Tower in Sunny Isles Beach, and Missoni Baia Residences in Edgewater.

4 Likes

https://www.thenextmiami.com/the-lights-are-now-on-at-the-sales-center-for-downtown-miamis-supertall-waldorf-astoria-tower/

2 Likes

https://www.thenextmiami.com/98-story-supertower-waldorf-astoria-hotel-and-residences-miami-will-launch-sales-in-march/

2 Likes

Hilton Management Services will manage the property, according to a release. The hotel will be on the first three “cubes” of the building, and the condos will be above them.

Units will start at $1 million, and $1,100 per square foot, increasing to about $2,500 a square foot, depending on the location in the building.

7 Likes

Whooooaaaaa nellllyyyyyyy!!!

My oooohhhh myyyyyyy Mi-amiiiiiiiiiii!!!

2 Likes
3 Likes

6 Likes

https://media.istockphoto.com/vectors/cardboard-boxes-stacks-vector-id696345016

8 Likes